Hello, all you corolla lovers...I'm glad I'm not alone :P

Introduce yourself to the community

Moderators: dr.occa, CBR_TOY

sexaybeast87
Tourist

Hello, all you corolla lovers...I'm glad I'm not alone :P

Post by sexaybeast87 »

Hey what's up guys. My name is David and I'm currently a student at the University of Texas (1 more semester left...Woot!). I spend most of the year in Austin but I live in Houston and since I'm graduating soon and going to return home, I thought I'd introduce myself to the corolla community.

Like most of you, I'm guessing, I became interested in the AE86 from watching those crazy Japanese ppl drift in them....and Initial D of course.

I've been searching and searching for probably 7 months....but I finally found the perfect one...but the lady who owned it refused to sell it (I'm guessing she loves drifting too :P) I probably badgered her for 2 months and last Sunday, 5/31/09, she gave in, and I picked up a 1986 Toyota Corolla GTS all the way in Bryan, TX. (The story of me finding this corolla was a little more stalkerish, but I'll tell you about it if you ask me :D)

Anyway, It was in pretty good condition compared to a lot of other 86's I was trying to buy, but the sad part is it wasn't running :cry:

Here are some pics of my new project:

SOOO BEAUTIFUL!!

YESSS, LSD!! :P

Here's some of the interior:

The driver side door sags like a bitch...who knows how to fix it? :)

The old ass radio actually works!! Very surprising...

GODDD....sooo much rust......

Flip up the seats....rust is gone, YES!!

Towing this awesome car home:

So....driving all the way from Houston to Bryan with the tow truck guy was a little awkward...but we became friends, his name is Luis

A shot of the car inside the tow truck....kinda artistic :P

Get in my bellyyyy....uh, I mean garage

Welcome to your new home!

Engine:

Here it is when I first got it

My friend and I were working on it yesterday and we took off a couple things like the distributor and the ignitor to be tested...the car doesn't seem to be getting spark

So yup, that's about it. I'm going to be working on the car as much as I can everyday to make it run again....then when I get more money, I can fix up the exterior and interior. My goal is to get it running by July so I can DD it in Austin and of course work on it some more. I'll be honest, this is my first project car and I don't know much so if any of you guys are around the NW side of Houston and wanna come help, that'll be awesome! Let me know what you guys think :)[/img]
Last edited by sexaybeast87 on Wed Jun 03, 2009 1:19 am, edited 1 time in total.

CBR_TOY

Post by CBR_TOY »

oh my goodness... i would love to find a nice gt-s untouched

very nice....even if you were stalking her ha ha
JDM AE86/AE92

landslideATX
VIP Member

Post by landslideATX »

wow :shock: thats really clean. i wish mine was that clean. price tag by chance? i bet the tow was a pretty pennie.
[img]http://i9.tinypic.com/832gfm9.jpg[/img]
"Now their greatest enemy is chlamydia, a disease also found in humans. This disease is transmitted by sexual contact, and it has killed over three thousand koalas in the last year."

ga_goosh
VIP Member

Post by ga_goosh »

welcome

that is a nice hatch something this nice you would have to bend over backwards to get and by your story it sounds like you did :D
I <3 my AE86

4AG Manual
AE86 FSM

JDM AE86

Post by JDM AE86 »

Thats in great shape. I would love to find one around here like that.

joel26
VIP Member

Post by joel26 »

welcome...

JDM AE86

Post by JDM AE86 »

So how much was it?

pecx
Zeus - Ultra Mega Admin

Post by pecx »

Welcome the 86garage the car is cleannn

Nasser

Post by Nasser »

welcome, my brother goes to ut as well he kept telling me that he sees a blue 86 :lol:

DjSpecter

Post by DjSpecter »

one good looking 86 for its age. I swear old people never want to give up there car. Unless you show up at there door step wearing a Grim Reapers costume saying "LOOSE THE CAR!!!" lol :lol: :lol:

dr.occa
Hades - Site Admin

Post by dr.occa »

welcome to 86garage.com

great find.

is it safe to assume the dash is without a crack? :shock: if so, a rare find indeed!

check the simple things first: fuses, dist. cap & rotor, disconnected connectors, bad battery then move to things like the distributor and/or ignitor & coil, etc...

sexaybeast87
Tourist

Post by sexaybeast87 »

Thanks everyone for such a warm welcome. I feel like I'm part of the family :) I agree with everyone...this car was a rare find...but it was a pain in the ass/wallet trying to get it. I'm so thankful the lady finally cracked when she did :) The dash does have 1 crack running down so its not perfect :/
welcome, my brother goes to ut as well he kept telling me that he sees a blue 86
There's actually 2 blue AE86's around UT campus. One belongs to my friend who mods it and the other belongs to some random kid but it's completely stock and is in SUPERRR nice condition....even better than mine :( Who's your brother, maybe I know him.

Hey, so any advice on the best places to get parts, nice paint job, and maintenance in Houston...or do any of you guys do any of that? Do you guys have meets and when's the next one? I would love to see everyone's rides.

landslideATX
VIP Member

Post by landslideATX »

are you out of austin already? i live in austin. the guy with the blue modded 86 that is your friend. is he thison by chance?
[img]http://i9.tinypic.com/832gfm9.jpg[/img]
"Now their greatest enemy is chlamydia, a disease also found in humans. This disease is transmitted by sexual contact, and it has killed over three thousand koalas in the last year."

Nasser

Post by Nasser »

sexaybeast87 wrote:Thanks everyone for such a warm welcome. I feel like I'm part of the family :) I agree with everyone...this car was a rare find...but it was a pain in the ass/wallet trying to get it. I'm so thankful the lady finally cracked when she did :) The dash does have 1 crack running down so its not perfect :/
welcome, my brother goes to ut as well he kept telling me that he sees a blue 86
There's actually 2 blue AE86's around UT campus. One belongs to my friend who mods it and the other belongs to some random kid but it's completely stock and is in SUPERRR nice condition....even better than mine :( Who's your brother, maybe I know him.

Hey, so any advice on the best places to get parts, nice paint job, and maintenance in Houston...or do any of you guys do any of that? Do you guys have meets and when's the next one? I would love to see everyone's rides.
his name is nidal, he drives a black 5th gen prelude

sexaybeast87
Tourist

Post by sexaybeast87 »

are you out of austin already? i live in austin. the guy with the blue modded 86 that is your friend. is he thison by chance?
haha, yes it is Thaison! He's like the only guy I know with an 86. I live in Houston so I'm chillin at home til July, then its back to Austin for summer school. I actually graduate this December from UT......I want to get the 86 running by July so I can bring it up :?
his name is nidal, he drives a black 5th gen prelude
awww, I don't think I know him...but pretty sweet car though, I see a couple around, maybe one of them is his