New to the site but not to the ae86

Introduce yourself to the community

Moderators: dr.occa, CBR_TOY

Akuma2992

New to the site but not to the ae86

Post by Akuma2992 »

Hi everyone,

I did most of my posting on club4age but was told this was the site to get on for people that have 86s and live in Dallas, Texas and Houston area.

I have a silver 1985 AE86 GTS hatch, and a red 1994 R2 FD3S one has got to go so probably getting rid of the FD even though since I played the very first need for speed game on my old x86 computer have lusted after it(girlfriends/wives just don't understand our love for cars that are fun to drive but have a tendency to break). The FD started as a daily driver for me in 2003. 7 years later its sitting in my parents garage missing a headlight cover and running with blown out rotor bearing and fading to pink because I intended to overhaul the motor, but finding time, hah, yeah, hasn't happened yet(and money).

Looking for various parts and I have parts I am willing to sell and or trade locally and within the United States. I am mostly interested in building a lightweight car for autocross, drifting, and maybe some track time as well so probably about 50% of the car parts are up for sale at much better, fair for age, and sane prices then ebay and other places(saw a black interior complete going for around 700+ on ebay the other day...). I wish someone would make a Black Dragon parts catalog for the AE and other corolla and other fun Toyota cars.

Yes, I am looking for some local 86 buddies to hang with. In fact all local car crazies are welcome as long as you like modding your own cars with your own hands. On a side note I can do body and mechanical work as well and I am willing to help out, my tig welding skills have probably diminished some due to lack of owning a tig welder, mig of course is quite easy. I have been a Mechanic for a long long time and can pretty much do it all.

I wanted to open my own performance shop and was actively looking since about 2010 but well we all know what happened here in the states with the job status of a lot of us. No work = no money in the mechanic world. So right now I have gone back to being a computer nerd and work in IT.... snore.... but it pays to keep me in tires and car parts and that makes me happy so.... That's about all I can think of right now. Enough rambling. Whats ADD? :various23:

dr.occa
Hades - Site Admin

Re: New to the site but not to the ae86

Post by dr.occa »

Welcome to the boards and thanks for the awesome intro Akuma.

The DFW gang is a growing bunch. :tu:

ga_goosh
VIP Member

Post by ga_goosh »

welcome there are lots of cool guys that are willing to help and not make 10 bux on parts.
I <3 my AE86

4AG Manual
AE86 FSM

joel26
VIP Member

Post by joel26 »

welcome

decepcionez
Tourist

Post by decepcionez »

Welcome
decepcionez@gmail.com paypal/email

Milhouse86

Post by Milhouse86 »

Welcome bro you got any pics?

JDMwhiteboy
VIP Member

Post by JDMwhiteboy »

Welcome, DFW fella here
I like cars, food, and puppies.

86boy

Post by 86boy »

another computer person with an 86 love.... is there 3 of us now? Dr. Occa and I and now you! LOL Welcome to the boards!
      "Praise the Lowered"
|OOO _____________ OOO|
 \________|1964|_______/
    ¯¯                          ¯¯

decepcionez
Tourist

Post by decepcionez »

Bienvenido ...
decepcionez@gmail.com paypal/email

MIDNIGHT PANDA
Tourist