New Member and my Hero is Carl Sagan

Introduce yourself to the community

Moderators: dr.occa, CBR_TOY

Tyler

New Member and my Hero is Carl Sagan

Post by Tyler »

Hey Everyone, Tyler here ,
Before we begin... i'd like to ask if you wouldn't mind playing this in the background while you read this

A friend John Mckenney referred me to this site. I'd like to first start off by saying that sometimes when I get hyper, My spelling, punctuation, grammar, and sentence structure goes to shit, That being said; 86's usually have this tendency to do this to me >_<

So, back in the 2005, I lived in Burleson, Tx, I had a friend who worked at a Car lot in Joshua, Tx. We hungout a lot at his lot. and one day he picked up a Cherry 1986 Corolla SR-5 4-AC Ran, was great... I loved it... Paid 800$ for it.. Best money I have ever spent. Had 62k original miles on it I drove it home and was in love... Within the first 24 hours i had a spreadsheet out with my stages of my build and whatnot 2-4 years later I finally was able to afford my 4age. I'm going to sum up how that went in a short "thing" below. Many of times i would just sit out in the garage on a cool night staring at him. Wanting him to be more than he is... and i would sit in the drivers seat, imagining driving down the California coast line, windows down... feeling and smelling everything.. I was in love..... I never loved anything more ..... People offered me money and cars for trade... I said no... This was my car my baby. My EVERYTHING.. f-bomb VTEC f-bomb boost... It was all about 200 rwhp a tight suspension setup... good brakes and great tyres Nothing in the Verse could stop me..

Drove to pick-n-Pull Dallas > They has 2 of them > pulled the motor/trans/rear diff > took motor to JIS engine rebuilders in Arlington > after full rebuilt > installed and got it running in there storage unit in Dallas near LOVE Field.

Below is the car I pulled all my stuff from. Pick-N-PULL FTMFW!!!!

Image Image

Drove that car more than my Acura Integra GSR at the time. Sold the GSR used the money to work on my AE86 and then after a year Moved To Austin, Texas. Money troubles... Starving for food for 2 months.. Couldn't pull myself out of the shit.... Had to sell the car. BIGGEST MISTAKE OF MY ENTIRE LIFE......

This is him at his prime... His name was Akakuro!!!

Image ImageImageImage

Now... I'm sure a lot of you are now at this point of the story being like .... :various38: You gave away the best car you ever had... And you would be 100% CORRECT.

I've regretted that move since I did it.. Now.....

5 years Later...... I've had some interesting cars.... dsm's, mirage turbo 4g61t's <-- accurate engine code, 04 blue SRT-4 and now I have the only other Car that i've wanted since i heard about it.....

2006 Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution 9 Mr

And i'm currently slowly 3m Vinyl Wrapping it in Arctic White

This evo is quite a car... It feels and drives like you would want and expect it to... But... She is so techincal .. Btw her name is darwin ^.^ She does EXACTLY everything she is suppose to do. She is beautiful in so many ways... But.... the connection... That glove.. .that feeling... I had when i drove my ae86 for the first time.. that feeling i felt when the rear broke loose on a off ramp and i held it... and pulled out of it like a champ and was white as a ghost and crying in joy . I've never had a car quite like my 86.
------------

But here I am Tyler, 31, I wanted to be a GTCC Driver since I was 17.. That didn't plan out as i expected but ok. I'm ok with this.. My second passion, Gaming... I <3 fps and rpg's and MMo's like most. about 3 years ago i started to want to design and make my own .. So i did....

3 years later, google/self taught , I make my living off of Secondlife selling 3d models and etc. I'm currently in Arizona after a recient family death, I'm wrapping things up here and planning on moving back to Austin, Texas Where i would like to go back to ACC and get my associates and work on a game development degree and hopefully become a 3d game asset designer

Here is some of my 3d modeling work

ImageImageImageImage

Oh yeah Btw.. I love Carl Sagan... And I want to buy another ae86...

Thank you for your time.

-Tyler

McKenney
VIP Member

Re: New Member and my Hero is Carl Sagan

Post by McKenney »

Tyler my boy! I love this kid... and he does get hyper as $hit. It's actually kinda funny to witness. Welcome to the Garage brother!

Tyler

Post by Tyler »

TYVM sir!

ga_goosh
VIP Member

Post by ga_goosh »

welcome yea mckenney is a cool guy you are in the right place for 86 guys and talk
I <3 my AE86

4AG Manual
AE86 FSM

daveskatesallday
VIP Member

Post by daveskatesallday »

Tyler wrote:Hey Everyone, Tyler here ,
Drove that car more than my Acura Integra GSR at the time. Sold the GSR used the money to work on my AE86 and then after a year Moved To Austin, Texas. Money troubles... Starving for food for 2 months.. Couldn't pull myself out of the shit.... Had to sell the car. BIGGEST MISTAKE OF MY ENTIRE LIFE......

This is him at his prime... His name was Akakuro!!!

Image ImageImageImage

Now... I'm sure a lot of you are now at this point of the story being like .... :various38: You gave away the best car you ever had... And you would be 100% CORRECT.

I've regretted that move since I did it.. Now.....
you know what's funny i guess your old car is my current car lol i have pics of when i first got it, it definitely doesn't look anything like it did back then, even had to rebuild the motor and do various things, it's been taken care of since :tu:
"If you love life, don't waste time, for time is what life is made up of."

McKenney
VIP Member

Post by McKenney »

and Tyler I just realized I have yours/Dave's old seats!!!!!!!! Another great six degrees of separation moment. Tedd... it happened again!

daveskatesallday
VIP Member

McKenney wrote:and Tyler I just realized I have yours/Dave's old seats!!!!!!!! Another great six degrees of separation moment. Tedd... it happened again!
hahah small world i had got rid of those seats so fast lol i sold them to mark and that's when i first met mark some years ago now, i was more hyped on the GTS seats i liked them a bit more :tu:

here's an old shot

McKenney
VIP Member

Post by McKenney »

hehe. bt20v(Lattanzi) bought them from Mark, then I bought them from him for the old Levin and kept them for the new one. They're horribly dyed black now, but that will be rectified soon.

daveskatesallday
VIP Member

haha nice bring em back :tu:

dr.occa
Hades - Site Admin

Re: RE: New Member and my Hero is Carl Sagan

Post by dr.occa »

Welcome to the Garage Tyler. Hope you find yourself behind the wheel of another AE86. Your 3D rendering/gfx skills look great. :tu:

Sent from my PM23300 using Board Express

joel26
VIP Member

Post by joel26 »

Welcome to the forum.....

UncleTonyBerman

Post by UncleTonyBerman »

welcome...any friend of Mckenney is a friend of mine... glad you're here