Testing Waters: State Wide 86garage meet in Austin

Anything non-tech related to AE86

Moderators: dr.occa, CBR_TOY

mooreofit
VIP Member

Re: Testing Waters: State Wide 86garage meet in Austin

Post by mooreofit »

lots and lots of hot college chicks. austin has a 4-1 female to male ratio! three girls for every boy!!!!
[img]http://i300.photobucket.com/albums/nn17/mooreofalan/attachment-2-1-1-1-1.jpg[/img]

mandm177

Post by mandm177 »

MadeInThe80s wrote:Its just a bunch of bars, just with lots of hot college chicks.
yep, thats basically it. I know the bar/club scene isnt a thing for everyone, so we might have to tread lightly on this, and i have no idea if everyone who is coming, is of age. Im sure everyone would like to do something that everyone could participate in, and would have fun. Also, im not sure about anyone else, but when i start buying drinks, i find it hard to stop :(
16vHachi wrote:so how about the weekend of the 23rd through 25th????
well, there are only two weekends left...so its a possibility. not sure if we want to keep the weekend before as a primary weekend and keep the 23-25 weekend a backup just in case it rains? ideas?

SushiDrifter
Tourist

Post by SushiDrifter »

is everyone 21 and up? cuz maybe we would wanna do something as a really big group, Dave and busters or main event, might be better drinks for us older guys and things to do for the younger peeps. also 6th street has gotten wack guys blind sideing people sticking them in there grill bunch of crap going on there.

woops didnt read the 4th page hahaha

daveskatesallday
VIP Member

Post by daveskatesallday »

SushiDrifter wrote:is everyone 21 and up? cuz maybe we would wanna do something as a really big group, Dave and busters or main event, might be better drinks for us older guys and things to do for the younger peeps. also 6th street has gotten wack guys blind sideing people sticking them in there grill bunch of crap going on there.

woops didnt read the 4th page hahaha

i have seen some ppl get beat up but they're always the cliché drunk fights -_-

the ladies are worth goin to 6th street for lol the memories 8)
"If you love life, don't waste time, for time is what life is made up of."

SushiDrifter
Tourist

Post by SushiDrifter »

if you want girls come thursday its free ladys night etc etc

mbehrens

Post by mbehrens »

I like the dave and buster idea lol...i personally was never into clubs(two left feet)... lol... dont drink much except i will have one beer lol... but i like the regulation size billards table pay hourly kind of think plus they refelt and change the banks rubbers every 6 mounths lol...im a sucker for billards haha...not that good at it but thats as close i usually get to the bar scene...lol...but im up for whatever ...just adding my two cents....
a 86 is an 86 no mater.

Jorsh
Tourist

Post by Jorsh »

I would be up for D&B, assuming everyone is of age. Have a couple beers and what not race eachother in video games etc. I would love to get a couple of games in with you brehens.. its been too long since I played.

dfi1120

Post by dfi1120 »

well im only 20 but i can hang
D.F.I #20
r a n
i s c
f t
t
ARTURO ROMERO
TEAM INERTIA
DRIFT MORE TEXAS
http://www.myspace.com/art_d_f_i_20

SushiDrifter
Tourist

Post by SushiDrifter »

well i know for sure D&B is 18 and up if there are younger then that Main event i believe does not have a age limit and they have bowling/pool/ mini golf/ lazer tag................................i just had an idea!!!!! lets go to AUSTIN PARKS AND PIZZA!!!!! go carts, biiiggggg asssssss parking lots, go carts!!!!!!

mandm177

Post by mandm177 »

i thought both places had a curfew...but i could be wrong. in any case, we shouldnt have the get-together if there is an age limit.

This possible get together is still more than 2 months away, so there's plenty of time to brainstorm and such.

landslideATX
VIP Member

Post by landslideATX »

mooreofit wrote:lots and lots of hot college chicks. austin has a 4-1 female to male ratio! three girls for every boy!!!!
thats what i was told when i moved here... its not like that. now if you go to san mar its like that.
[img]http://i9.tinypic.com/832gfm9.jpg[/img]
"Now their greatest enemy is chlamydia, a disease also found in humans. This disease is transmitted by sexual contact, and it has killed over three thousand koalas in the last year."

daveskatesallday
VIP Member

Post by daveskatesallday »

landslideATX wrote:
mooreofit wrote:lots and lots of hot college chicks. austin has a 4-1 female to male ratio! three girls for every boy!!!!
thats what i was told when i moved here... its not like that. now if you go to san mar its like that.
haha i don't know where you go but when im in austin it's definitely like that and when i go i never wanna leave ! lol

but yea go-kart idea sounds dope im all for that one right there
"If you love life, don't waste time, for time is what life is made up of."

mandm177

Post by mandm177 »

ok ok, to get this back on topic, a couple of points

1. Something to do that doesnt cost alot (if any) money. (go karts might be a bad idea)
2. Something that allows everyone to attend. Gotta think about the youngins and women too. (most likely no bars, or strip clubs)

i know i'll be stretching my funds a bit to attend this, and i think others will too. if we have a chance to chip in $5 towards snacks and drinks at someone's house, id like that much better then spending $30 or more per person at a go kart track, or even $20 to do stuff at a main event, d&b type place.

Im not dismissing these ideas, im just saying that we need to put some consideration into these suggestions.

16vHachi

Post by 16vHachi »

16vHachi wrote:so how about the weekend of the 23rd through 25th????
well, there are only two weekends left...so its a possibility. not sure if we want to keep the weekend before as a primary weekend and keep the 23-25 weekend a backup just in case it rains? ideas?[/quote]

sounds good to me!!

just tryin to get a good idea of when so i can put in for it at work
1984 Toyota Corolla- Drift Project
"Those aren't mudflaps!! They are mullets for tires!"
"Yall Doin That Skid Racin Again?"
Stay Sideways My Friends!

16vHachi

Post by 16vHachi »

im 21!!

i really dont care what the plan is

im really lookin forward to meet other 86 owners