Daily Drifter Dec, 9th GGP

Anything non-tech related to AE86

Moderators: dr.occa, CBR_TOY

Overdrift

Daily Drifter Dec, 9th GGP

Post by Overdrift »

I couldn't find it posted anywhere on here! Who is all going to the event?

I think it would be pretty cool to have all the Toyota folk arranged together in the pits.... with Jonas being a member of NST and DD staff we just might have enough pull!

I know NT66, Dr.Occa,hvguy, and me are going... who else?

If you need help LMK, I have a trailer for my car and a friend pulling the trailer and car but if your not going due to afraid of car breaking at the track and no way back lmk, I can help if your in a bind! Also willing to lend a hand so look out for the big white guy! I should have a jack/jack stands/ air compressor/ air impact/ sockets/ torque stick (only have 80ft lb for the corolla), and I'm doing my best to get a BBQ pit setup with my buddy cooking up some chicken,sausage, brisket and other misc, If I do manage to get all the money together for this myself I'll make it a "Donate if you want" type of deal. I'll also have NT66's video camera with a fresh tape.

dr.occa
Hades - Site Admin

Post by dr.occa »

it's kind of you to offer your help Alex to others. good deal.

i'll be there early in the morning prepping for tech.

we'll have the big front lot so it should be fun for all.

i'll be leaving at 10am.
Last edited by dr.occa on Wed Dec 05, 2007 7:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Overdrift

Post by Overdrift »

I highly doubt my sr5 will have the entry speed needed to do anything on the big course... but I'll give it a shot when nobody is looking :lol:

Leaving at 10am? Coming back?

dr.occa
Hades - Site Admin

Post by dr.occa »

Overdrift wrote:...

Leaving at 10am? Coming back?
yes.

i've been absent too much from the family because of cars. going to try and make church service too. i need it like sick people need hospitals.

CBR_TOY

Post by CBR_TOY »

i might go... but i won't be sliding
JDM AE86/AE92

Overdrift

Post by Overdrift »

CBR_TOY wrote:i might go... but i won't be sliding

why no sliding :(

Family>everything else. Good to hear you will stop by though, I know the DD staff is thankful.

Overdrift

Post by Overdrift »

Just got this in the mail!!!!!!!! If everything goes as good as its going I'll be having fun on sunday!!!!!

horay for the 4ac!!! A breath taking rumored 57WHP!!!!!!!

CBR_TOY

Post by CBR_TOY »

because i'm on 2 cylinders....
JDM AE86/AE92

Overdrift

Post by Overdrift »

CBR_TOY wrote:because i'm on 2 cylinders....
what happened to the other two? 4age block sells for 80 at the junkyard + core. I've got a compression tester and a stethiscope, if you bring a battery you can turn the engine over before you buy it.

CBR_TOY

Post by CBR_TOY »

i'm just gonna rebuild it... and 3/4 rings are bad. no compression
JDM AE86/AE92

Overdrift

Post by Overdrift »

CBR_TOY wrote:i'm just gonna rebuild it... and 3/4 rings are bad. no compression
Ah, I see. Sounds expensive.

Overdrift

Post by Overdrift »

Yeah oem hose clamps for the lose. I can't get them to seal, I tryed pulling them apart and the clips... wraping a good hose clamp around it and squeazing it... no luck still... No more oem... I've always replaced them with the autopart stores type, never tryed repairing the oem...it doesn't work to well. Guess thats another $3 down the drain for hose clamps.... Total of $14 spent on hoseclamps, $23 in hoses.

Overdrift

Post by Overdrift »

Yes today finally everything will start coming together. I can't wait to get this pos sohc carbed engine breathing threw a functional carb. My stock carb's vacuum secondary is dead and almost every gasket is leaking fuel down the throat of the carb, except for the accelorator pump which is leaking fuel outside the carb.

o.g.darkdrifter
Tourist

Post by o.g.darkdrifter »

Wish I could go but I just got my car out of the body shop and didnt know if I would be ready. I'll be at mineral wells next week though. Anyone going to mineral wells? I know it's not everyones favorite but it's cheap and you get plenty of run time.
Noob since 2004