Megan Coilovers

Anything non-tech related to AE86

Moderators: dr.occa, CBR_TOY

nt66

Post by nt66 »

NASSER THEY ARE NOT THE SAME AT ALLLLLL. They use a diffrent damper that is a lot shitter think about it you are asking someone who is sponsered by megan if they are good or not do you really think he is going to give you a unbiased opinion. Plus spindles dont account for a $500 diffrence in price the diffrence comes from the quailty of the damper.
http://www.facebook.com/willparsonsracing
www.willparsonsdrift.com

CBR_TOY

Post by CBR_TOY »

isn't that rear spring in there upside down with the adj. collar?

oh well, the megan's do look pretty but knock off stuff is still knock off. if you're gonna spend that kind of money in one place you might as well save a little more and go greddy.

god knows i would love some greddy's but i is a poor man. megan is still better than stock/cut springs. i will say that.
JDM AE86/AE92

Nasser

Post by Nasser »

nt66 wrote:NASSER THEY ARE NOT THE SAME AT ALLLLLL. They use a diffrent damper that is a lot shitter think about it you are asking someone who is sponsered by megan if they are good or not do you really think he is going to give you a unbiased opinion. Plus spindles dont account for a $500 diffrence in price the diffrence comes from the quailty of the damper.
at this rate i will never be able to afford greddy coil overs or megan for that matter. god i cant stand being stuck in the situation i am i have been modding my car with no money saving for coil overs for the past 2 years and it has barley got me anywhere and the biggest wall in my road is my dad forcing me to go to this bs school where i have to make min of 26 credits wake up at 5:30 the bus arrives at 6 get home at 3 and stay on hw till around 6 on good days it gets as bad as staying up till 4:30 and getting an hour of sleep this does not sound like school it sounds like prison to me i wish he would let me transfer he thinks i will thank him for it later on but he does not seem to understand is that i dont want to be a docter or a dentist and that i love cars its what i have wanted to do since i was 8 and thats how allot of the people i know that had became successful mechanics they owe it all to drifting because without it they would have not been at the place they are now no matter how hard i try they always go back to thinking its stupid u will work in the heat and not make money and have ur kids be ashamed saying my dad is a mechanic.
Last edited by Nasser on Sun Aug 24, 2008 5:17 pm, edited 2 times in total.

dr.occa
Hades - Site Admin

Post by dr.occa »

with Greddy, you know you're getting good quality. that's their rep. they've earned it over the years.

the best thing to do is just live and learn. buy what you can and go with that. you can't always live your life w/ the philosophy of waiting for the "BBD": the Bigger & Better Deal. you're not getting any younger and the best thing to do is get your feet wet. that's the only way to see what the water's like in the shallow end. then go deeper and deeper. maybe you'll be stuck w/ galveston beach or get to try all the beaches but you'll know it better than if you hadn't gone at all and just went with everyone else's impressions and experiences and your own best guesses.

want to know what A BEACH is like, go to the closest one you can get to first. then if life and time allow for it try another one you've heard of, etc...etc...

with an "inexpensive" suspension setup, it's still going to be better than stock. besides, you're most likely not going to already be better than a suspension you JUST GOT that you can afford. get what's practical for you now since it's money you're concerned about. at least you're not remaining stagnant in the area of tuning your car whether you tune it bad or good. you're still going to learn and hopefully improve.

hvguy

Post by hvguy »

Nasser, your situation sounds like some of the anime iv'e watched where the poor guy stays up all night doing HW and ends up failing the exam.

But as jonas said, get your feet wet and try what you can afford. Although im no fortunate enough as will to have those 1337 saving skills, I will conjure up something to get me by. But eventually after saving ill get those damn greddy's. :)
[img]http://i37.tinypic.com/2m6keid.jpg[/img]

Nasser

Post by Nasser »

the greddy coil overs are exp now i found people that sold them for 1,450 and said they could no longer do that due to the prices being up. yeah i guess u could say i am at rock bottom their is 1 option i guess which is my dad wants to get me a car to dd which i could take and sell but that would be like huge ass of a move :cry: :cry:

CBR_TOY

Post by CBR_TOY »

if money is tight just make your own front coilovers. they won't be as good as the greddy's but at least you'll have something.
JDM AE86/AE92

Nasser

Post by Nasser »

i think i have a plan that just may work and when i get a license i will find a job once that is done i will then transfer to orlando's old high school where i will get out at 12:30 and have no hw at all allowing me to have the rest of the day to work while i can still get a diploma its just a matter of getting through my dad :?

BlackTruenoAE86
Tourist

Post by BlackTruenoAE86 »

This might sound retarded but stay in that tough school it will help you in the future. You still have plenty of years to work on your car and build it how you like it. I regret not paying attention to school like I should of, all i did was work on my car and school nothing else, lost alot of friends, alot of girls, alot of good times. take advantage of your years while you can. Like I said, theres plenty of time for you to fix up your car how you like it later.

AS for suspension setup, just make your own front coilovers and get some TRD rear springs. and some SS shocks and done. you dont need to spend 2 grand on suspension to have good suspension. No offense to those who have spent that much.

The End.

Ricky86

Post by Ricky86 »

^^^^^^ I totally agree with Emilo!

A real good option are Tokico HTS shocks. They offer the best bang for the buck! Just throw some front coilovers & rear TRD springs & call it a day :D .

pecx
Zeus - Ultra Mega Admin

Post by pecx »

How about we (who intersted) get together one day and everybody bring their own strut casing and weld on kit then we make our front coilover (together) cut and weld. . . . (^_^)

nt66

Post by nt66 »

pecx wrote:How about we (who intersted) get together one day and everybody bring their own strut casing and weld on kit then we make our front coilover (together) cut and weld. . . . (^_^)
that would be sick!!!! coilover creation meet
http://www.facebook.com/willparsonsracing
www.willparsonsdrift.com

dr.occa
Hades - Site Admin

Post by dr.occa »

nt66 wrote:
pecx wrote:How about we (who intersted) get together one day and everybody bring their own strut casing and weld on kit then we make our front coilover (together) cut and weld. . . . (^_^)
that would be sick!!!! coilover creation meet
i'm for it.

it'll be like a pot lock but instead of certain people bringing JUST food they're also assigned to bring a specific tool.

i'll start a separate thread.

CBR_TOY

Post by CBR_TOY »

i will do this.... let's meet up!
JDM AE86/AE92

DjSpecter

Post by DjSpecter »

Just in case no one got a answer but I have been running these for about 6 months and I love them. I am one to go over speed bumps and pot holes doing 40mph and they are working wonderfully. But only down side is that that are REAL stiff. But some people have to UNDERSTAND that coilovers are ment for track use and that is where alot of the R&D come from. I mean its ok for stret but alot of people say that there to stiff and I agree i am one of them but they are really made for the track. and I got mine welded and thought they dont look safe but trust me they are pretty strong. i even got a vod of me jumping the corolla with it fully lowered and still bouncing back.