grrr: why is it so hard to get parts

Anything non-tech related to AE86

Moderators: dr.occa, CBR_TOY

ga_goosh
VIP Member

grrr: why is it so hard to get parts

Post by ga_goosh »

ok so i had to rant since the last 4 transactions of parts i need i have been unable to get. and it isnt cuz they dont have the parts cuz they all do. I ordered a braille battery on ebay and the d-bag seller cant seem to get it in the mail. that was a month ago and i still havent got my money back. then i order some suspension parts from jc whitney but they have parts listed and they say guaranteed to fit my corolla. when they get here they are for the FWD version. then they charge me return shipping. that also was a month ago and im fighting with them to get a refund. I went to oreilly auto parts to get a water pump. they say it is a special order so i told them to order it. i went to pick it up today and the people at the counter looked at me like i was crazy. I didnt lkie that at all. so it was off to NST so i could just pick up the battery i need. They open at noon but they didnt open while i was there. how unprofessional. cant even get there at noon. In fact i got there at 11 thinking they would open at 9 or 10.

sorry i just had to vent. Is there any shops in Houston that can do what they say they do? grrr it is so frustrating. I guess i just have bad luck but it is hard to believe my luck is THAT bad. maybe im going to the wrong shops
I <3 my AE86

4AG Manual
AE86 FSM

dr.occa
Hades - Site Admin

Re: grrr: why is it so hard to get parts

Post by dr.occa »

Sean, I'm really sorry you're having a hard time with EVERYTHING. I can lend you a hand with tracking down what you need and where so you can just go straight there and back home. You let me know if you still need a hand.

McKenney
VIP Member

Post by McKenney »

Text me what youre looking for and I will source it for you. I can get you the right parts.

Sent from my LG-MS690 using Tapatalk

ga_goosh
VIP Member

Post by ga_goosh »

dr.occa wrote:Sean, I'm really sorry you're having a hard time with EVERYTHING. I can lend you a hand with tracking down what you need and where so you can just go straight there and back home. You let me know if you still need a hand.
yea i can probably find what i need im just frustrated that i have to do it more than once. it shouldnt be this hard or take this long. what i need the most is a water pump and a battery. i was going to use this opportunity to get a braille but im starting to think they are a myth since im having such a hard time getting one in my hands. so i might just get stock just to get moving (that sux tho). It took me 8 parts store to locate the correct battery for my bimmer and that is sad.
McKenney wrote:Text me what youre looking for and I will source it for you. I can get you the right parts.

McKenny dont you work at bap-geon? i think i remember you mentioning that. maybe i should try them. too bad they are a pain for me to get to. the closest one to me is on nasa 1 in Webster. and i dont like driving in that area. there's too much going on there.
I <3 my AE86

4AG Manual
AE86 FSM

McKenney
VIP Member

Post by McKenney »

Text me and i'll hook ya up. Not everyone knows how to find ae86 parts

CBR_TOY

Post by CBR_TOY »

I will have a brand new waterpump on new years day for cheap....
JDM AE86/AE92

a.k.a.vene

Post by a.k.a.vene »

I know what you mean bro!! Its not hard to find the parts, is just that the other person(the one right in front of you, a.k.a. auto technician) either doesn't know WTF is going on OR they just dont care!!! I ordered bolts and screws from fasenal, and I even gave them the exact screw and bolts I want it....... They still got it wrong!!! What you need, to cool of. Is a mini meet! Have a couple of beers with some other corolla guys, or drifters! Cause any body else would just tell you to sell that P.O.S car!(I get that a lot!)
TILL IT REDLINES HACHI!!!!!!!!
NONSTOPTUNING.COM

TEAMSUNWORKS.COM

ga_goosh
VIP Member

Post by ga_goosh »

CBR_TOY wrote:I will have a brand new waterpump on new years day for cheap....
awesome ill buy it

a.k.a.vene wrote:I know what you mean bro!! Its not hard to find the parts, is just that the other person(the one right in front of you, a.k.a. auto technician) either doesn't know WTF is going on OR they just dont care!!! I ordered bolts and screws from fasenal, and I even gave them the exact screw and bolts I want it....... They still got it wrong!!! What you need, to cool of. Is a mini meet! Have a couple of beers with some other corolla guys, or drifters! Cause any body else would just tell you to sell that P.O.S car!(I get that a lot!)

yea it seams like every one lately...even my local post office is doing dumb things too. im going to give NST another try but this time ill make an internet order and maybe i can get a next day thing. i need a battery the most.
I <3 my AE86

4AG Manual
AE86 FSM

a.k.a.vene

Post by a.k.a.vene »

Call them up first. Make sure that they could do what you want. Depending on the size battery you need, he might have it. I have a 21lbs and that's an not so common size for braille.
NONSTOPTUNING.COM

TEAMSUNWORKS.COM

JDMwhiteboy
VIP Member

Post by JDMwhiteboy »

I feel you on the wp, I used the parts department at work to get a water pump. They oreded it from napa and the one that came was core, it was dirty and have a crack going through it I could even see light! So then as they call napa back up the only one they have is in colordo.... so I waited >__<

If theres anything I have learned I trust Oreillys and All imports (any place Mckenney has worked) :D
I like cars, food, and puppies.

McKenney
VIP Member

Post by McKenney »

Thank you sir!

a.k.a.vene

Post by a.k.a.vene »

If theres anything I have learned I trust Oreillys and All imports (any place Mckenney has worked) :D[/quote]

I don't know about mckenney man! Have u ever seen him?!

Just kidding!!
NONSTOPTUNING.COM

TEAMSUNWORKS.COM

JDMwhiteboy
VIP Member

Post by JDMwhiteboy »

a.k.a.vene wrote:If theres anything I have learned I trust Oreillys and All imports (any place Mckenney has worked) :D
I don't know about mckenney man! Have u ever seen him?!

Just kidding!![/quote]

Yea when I put a motor in his car.... then take it out two weeks later to put another motor in.... <3 U
I like cars, food, and puppies.

ga_goosh
VIP Member

Post by ga_goosh »

yea i usually go to Oreilly's first but they are the ones that didnt order my water pump. i guess ill have to try another location...or McKenny lol.

McKenny ill hit you up after i get all my refunds from my last transactions.
I <3 my AE86

4AG Manual
AE86 FSM

86boy

Post by 86boy »

for 90% of my corolla parts I just call up McKenney and have him ship it! LOL places here in Nebraska all ask

"that's a FWD right?" "NO!" "ok cool FWD it is" "wait what?!"

or

they just look up the sr-5 because they don't think GTS's are real.

or they assume it's a coupe because that's all their retarded computers system will pull up. They don't believe me so I tell them to follow me outside.... as they resiliently follow me... I show them SEE IT'S NOT A FU**IN COUPE!

get that shit ALL the time.
Last edited by 86boy on Wed Dec 21, 2011 9:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
      "Praise the Lowered"
|OOO _____________ OOO|
 \________|1964|_______/
    ¯¯                          ¯¯