2011 San Antonio and Surrounding Area Autocross!

Drift Series & local one-offs, Gymkhana, Auto-X, Road Racing (i.e. NASA Pro Racing), Car shows, Local & Regional Meets

Moderators: dr.occa, CBR_TOY

Prime123321
Tourist

2011 San Antonio and Surrounding Area Autocross!

Post by Prime123321 »

I belong to two of the Local Clubs that run Autocross Events here and around San Antonio, Texas SASCA and SPOKES. I would like to extend an open invitation to any and all who enjoy driving and would like to learn the limits of their cars in a legal and safe enviroment.

This is a safe and fun enviroment and is very affordable at just $25 for non-members and $20 for members. If you come out and decide you want to do more than one event then a membership will save you $$ in the long run.

The Vehicle that will be used during the event will be put through a Tech Inspection to ensure its safe for competition. This will be done for every event for more information look though the sites listed below for Novice guide line.

We have a ton of fun at these events and at the same time compete for fastest class and overall times. There is a PAX adjusting system used to rectify times for side by side comparison to other cars of any level of preparation.

If anyone is interested then check out the links below for more information and locations.

SASCA - http://www.sasca.org/forum/index.php" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

SPOKES - http://www.spokes.org/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

For both clubs and other's across the state and nation online registration through AXWare Systems is availabe and needed when using membership discounts.

AXWare Registration - https://axwaresystems.com/axorm/calendar_main.php" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;?

If there are any questions please ask and we hope to see some new faces in the future.

Thank you,
-David Alarcon

AznTKDmstr

Re: 2011 San Antonio and Surrounding Area Autocross!

Post by AznTKDmstr »

i should be making it out to some more events this year!!
Thaison Nguyen
1986 Corolla GT-S
1974 Corolla Deluxe Sedan
1983 Corolla Sedan
1987 Corolla GT-S
1984 Corolla SR5
1979 Corolla Liftback

Prime123321
Tourist

Post by Prime123321 »

Sounds like a winner I saw you had signed up for a few of the SASCA/SPOKES autocross events last year but didnt see you out there. Its a ton of fun to streach the cars legs with out looking over your shoulder constantly.

Next event is this weekend and in interested you can sign up online here https://axwaresystems.com/axorm/calenda ... event=1051" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; or just come out to the site no later than 8 AM and join in the fun.

Here is the just about finalized schedule for SASCA:

January 16 - Blossom Athletic Center
February 5 - Year-End / Awards Party for 2010
February 20 - Retama Park
March 5-6 (two days -- planning to do a Novice School on the 5th and a real event on the 6th) - Retama Park
April 17 - Blossom Athletic Center (tentative)
May 22 - Retama Park (SASCA/Spokes Co-event!)
June 5 - Retama Park
July 17 - Blossom Athletic Center (tentative)
August 21 - Retama Park
September 18 - Retama Park (SASCA/Spokes Co-event!)
October 16 - Blossom Athletic Center (tentative)
November 13 - Retama Park
December 11 - Retama Park

See you out there,
-David

hachirolla
Tourist

Post by hachirolla »

sorry for the noob question but is it okay to drift in an autox event? also, what age do u have to be? thanks!
Nick
S13 (sold)
Ae86
Ra29
Thunderbird turbo coupe
02 wrx

daveskatesallday
VIP Member

Post by daveskatesallday »

hachirolla wrote:sorry for the noob question but is it okay to drift in an autox event? also, what age do u have to be? thanks!
Nick
not to burst your bubble but drifting is more looked down upon at an autox event the idea is to improve your time around the course they have setup for the day some ppl do slide around sometimes but it's unintentional i think they have kicked people out for trying to drift in the past

and as far as age im not sure on that one
"If you love life, don't waste time, for time is what life is made up of."

hachirolla
Tourist

Post by hachirolla »

Thanks dave. i kinda figured people would say something cuz like you said, its definitely not the fastest way around a corner. also its cuz my brother wants to take the mustang/skyline drifting but not on the streets and he said i could drive the mustang XD haha. thanks again dave,

Nick
S13 (sold)
Ae86
Ra29
Thunderbird turbo coupe
02 wrx

daveskatesallday
VIP Member

Post by daveskatesallday »

no prob
"If you love life, don't waste time, for time is what life is made up of."

Prime123321
Tourist

Post by Prime123321 »

Daveskates is right as we are trying to keep the cars under control out there for the saftey of our course/corner workers. Autocross is not as open of a course like the drift courses and is more technical.

Age requirements are anyone with a Valid Drivers Licence, to drive or ride along as a passenger.

If you or your brother have never been participant's in an Autocross event with these clubs I would consider it. As it teachs better car control at the limits of your car/tire's adhesion in a very fast paced enviroment. This is useful when drifting as you will be able to find that happy median where grip and slip meet on a specific set/sets of tires.

We have alot of Nationally competitive guys and gals that really know how to move through the course's with precision. Which is great to watch and this is also somewhat of a moving car show the "Grid" and "Pit" areas are full of cars from the daily driven Honda to Prepared Race cars and the occacional exotic Ferrari.

There is a good competitive feel out there which makes you want to be smooth, controlled and fluid which translates into being faster. Spectators are welcome and encouraged as this helps get yourself and others you might know off the street and into the corners.

There are very few drift events in San Antonio that I know of but some might exist/manifest eventually.

Hope to see some old/new faces out there!

-David
Last edited by Prime123321 on Thu May 05, 2011 12:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.

xSICKBIRDx
Tourist

Post by xSICKBIRDx »

I'm planning to go out to the event on May 22 at Retama Park, but just as an onlooker for this time. Is there a fee or anything for that? Sorry if that's a dumb question, I've never been to an autox event before
Savanna Trueno

Prime123321
Tourist

Post by Prime123321 »

No worries come out and take it all in as there is no fee to watch just sign the wavier. I encourage you to consider participating in the event as being on course is a ton of fun. Entry fee is $25 if you decide to join in the fun but if not come have a ride in my car 21/121 FSP prepared AE86. See yall out there!

-David

yotarolla

Post by yotarolla »

Awesome, Im going to try to make it to the may 22 event as well but if I cant I will make it to the june 5 event, and I will be driving my 86 :mrgreen:

xSICKBIRDx
Tourist

Post by xSICKBIRDx »

awesome well i'll be out there and i'll lookout for you guys so maybe I can give a friendly hello
Savanna Trueno

Prime123321
Tourist

Post by Prime123321 »

Sounds good to me guys come join us for a day of autocross or just make it a stop (check point) for that sunday cruise. Would love to see more corollas out on course where they look so much at home.

Come out and develop/hone-in your driving skill/technique in a fun and friendly environment.

-David :laugh1:

yotarolla

Post by yotarolla »

My camshaft idler pulley disintegrated so I can't make it today, but I plan on being ready to go for the next event.