What do i need to conver my SR5 into a GTS

General Technical Topics

Moderators: dr.occa, CBR_TOY

usmc-spartan
Tourist

What do i need to conver my SR5 into a GTS

Post by usmc-spartan »

well my hatchi has a GTS rear end already, but i talked to someone last night and they told me that in order to put the 4AGE motor , i need the gas tank, fuel lines, forgot what else. but what do i need to convert it into a GTS?

once agian thank you guys
Pain is weakness leaving the body

nt66

Post by nt66 »

if you are wanting it to stay fuel injected on the stock computer than you need the fuel tank, lines, ecu, wireing harness for the engine, coil and ignitor, the afm, and alll the stuff thats on the motor like the alternator and power steering pump (if you want it)

pecx
Zeus - Ultra Mega Admin

Post by pecx »

If you go with mikuni or weber you can stay with sr5 tank

dr.occa
Hades - Site Admin

Post by dr.occa »

pecx wrote:If you go with mikuni or weber you can stay with sr5 tank
that's still too much work and a learning curve!!!

usmc-spartan
Tourist

Post by usmc-spartan »

well how much does a mikuni carbs go for? with all the neccesary thing that i need

CBR_TOY

Post by CBR_TOY »

what nt66 said... under dash harness, motor harness and all the goodies not on the sr5. i just got a sr5 shell and bought a wrecked gts and converted.
JDM AE86/AE92

dr.occa
Hades - Site Admin

Post by dr.occa »

usmc-spartan wrote:well how much does a mikuni carbs go for? with all the neccesary thing that i need
40phh $625 rebuilt stock
44phh $725 rebuilt stock

doesn't include intake manifold, linkage, soft mount kit...

usmc-spartan
Tourist

Post by usmc-spartan »

wow that is not cheap at all....

Overdrift

Post by Overdrift »

How much did you get your ae86 for?

Dorikun

Post by Dorikun »

usmc, I've seen you around are you from the Evo forums?

landslideATX
VIP Member

Post by landslideATX »

my friend was telling me that you don't have to swap the tank you just have to get an inline fuel pump and maybe swap the lines. it would save time.
[img]http://i9.tinypic.com/832gfm9.jpg[/img]
"Now their greatest enemy is chlamydia, a disease also found in humans. This disease is transmitted by sexual contact, and it has killed over three thousand koalas in the last year."

dr.occa
Hades - Site Admin

Post by dr.occa »

landslideATX wrote:my friend was telling me that you don't have to swap the tank you just have to get an inline fuel pump and maybe swap the lines. it would save time.
will and i were going back and forth on this in another thread it seems like.

Dorikun's 86 (complete SR5 to GTS conversion) is setup that way and runs great: did not swap tank or fuel lines. Ran soft fuel line (same as soft fuel line from GTS fuel filter to Fuel Rail) with an inline fuel pump. You can even go with a braided stainless steel line from the tank to fuel filter.

Required fuel pressure on the GTS isn't high like on Honda's.

landslideATX
VIP Member

Post by landslideATX »

dr.occa wrote:
landslideATX wrote:my friend was telling me that you don't have to swap the tank you just have to get an inline fuel pump and maybe swap the lines. it would save time.
will and i were going back and forth on this in another thread it seems like.

Dorikun's 86 (complete SR5 to GTS conversion) is setup that way and runs great: did not swap tank or fuel lines. Ran soft fuel line (same as soft fuel line from GTS fuel filter to Fuel Rail) with an inline fuel pump. You can even go with a braided stainless steel line from the tank to fuel filter.

Required fuel pressure on the GTS isn't high like on Honda's.
so what your saying is that we don't have to swap the gas tank and lines? just the rear end motor, dash/motor harnes. if thats the case it would make the swap a lot easyer.
[img]http://i9.tinypic.com/832gfm9.jpg[/img]
"Now their greatest enemy is chlamydia, a disease also found in humans. This disease is transmitted by sexual contact, and it has killed over three thousand koalas in the last year."

dr.occa
Hades - Site Admin

Post by dr.occa »

landslideATX wrote:...so what your saying is that we don't have to swap the gas tank and lines? just the rear end motor, dash/motor harnes. if thats the case it would make the swap a lot easyer.
yes it would make it that much easier.

top fuel dragsters run braided ss fuel lines from the fuel cells to their engines ALL THE TIME. REPEAT: TOP FUEL DRAGSTERS - lots of HP with EXPENSIVE MOTORS