help me in person tech ??? austin tx

General Technical Topics

Moderators: dr.occa, CBR_TOY

87inaustin

help me in person tech ??? austin tx

Post by 87inaustin »

hey whats up technician buddy's i am in need of help . installing a oil pressure , volt meter , and coolant temp sensor , they are auto meter / Manuel gauges . with out these installed i am not going to risk driving my ae86 20v and burning it up and i really want too . its running ran it 10 mins shut it off no problems but i know driving is alot different

or if any of you 20v silver top peeps hooked up Manuel gauges where they plug in pictures the directions are kinda stupit

dr.occa
Hades - Site Admin

Re: help me in person tech ??? austin tx

Post by dr.occa »

Oil pressure gauge: remove factory oil sender and install oil sender that came with gauge. You may need an adapter to fit the Autometer sender into your block. Forgot the thread size and pitch.

Voltmeter: follow the instructions that should have come with it. It only needs the positive and negative hooked up - make sure to hook the positive to a +12v ignition on source and NOT a continuous source.

Coolant temp gauge: remove the single wire sensor on your upper water neck and install sensor that came with the gauge - again, you may need an adapter to fit new sensor and AGAIN, I forgot the size and pitch of factory sensor.

OR

Pick up a hose adapter for your upper rad hose, cut it in-two, install adapter between the newly made two part hose and install sensor in the hose adapter and hook up Coolant gauge wire to it. This lets you keep your factory coolant gauge running simultaneously. Why you would is most likely personal taste, redundancy, comparative purposes, etc...

87inaustin

Post by 87inaustin »

so on the 20v silver top it would be in the thermostat housing ?? picture??

dr.occa
Hades - Site Admin

Post by dr.occa »

I believe in the 20v it would be in the rear water housing.