someone hop on this 86

Moderators: dr.occa, CBR_TOY

drift

someone hop on this 86

Post by drift »

if i had the money then i would
http://tulsa.craigslist.org/cto/3489845548.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

SkabRock5

Re: someone hop on this 86

Post by SkabRock5 »

hope its not a skam.

drift

Post by drift »

i dont think so cause i just text the guy about the car. he even sent me a video of the engine running. he said it has really bad rust around the wheel wells/housing. gonna see if i can go look at it this weekend since ill be in tulsa visiting my parents.

Variasse
Tourist

Post by Variasse »

drift wrote:i dont think so cause i just text the guy about the car. he even sent me a video of the engine running. he said it has really bad rust around the wheel wells/housing. gonna see if i can go look at it this weekend since ill be in tulsa visiting my parents.
oh man that would be a hell of a deal for a project car. I'd love to get my hands on that myself, but if someone else from here is going to go for it I'd just focus on the hatch that I'm looking to purchase, and not take a car out from under someone from the community. Eventually however after I get an 86 hatch I'll be looking for any ol 86 to get my hands dirty with.

drift

Post by drift »

im just checking to see if its legit. i would love to pick it up since its close to where my parents live and i can just leave it there but i dont have to the money.

Law

Post by Law »

drift wrote:im just checking to see if its legit. i would love to pick it up since its close to where my parents live and i can just leave it there but i dont have to the money.
Please come back with a report on how bad the rust is, interior condition, and pics if possible :-D

drift

Post by drift »

i did ask him if he's available for me to stop by and take a look at it but haven't heard anything from him yet. ill try and take photos also but he did say that the interior is in bad shape. he said that the back window was broken and the seats in the back are trashed. he didnt say anything about the front seats but just by that. i can kind of make up what condition the front seats are in.

SkabRock5

Post by SkabRock5 »

well 500 is still good.

drift

Post by drift »

Well, the guy text me today and said it was sold. Didnt even have time to go look at

Variasse
Tourist

Post by Variasse »

wow that went pretty fast, though it is good to know there are more 86 enthusiasts around here in OK ^^

drift

Post by drift »

yeah, i was thinking someone might pick it up before i was going to look at it. then right when i was going to text the guy. he text me and says "sold".

zacko9000
Tourist

Post by zacko9000 »

I actually bought the car, I'm going to yank what I need off of it and then put whats left up for sale. I'll post a classified here and on Craigslist when I'm done.

GamblerZ

Post by GamblerZ »

$500 was a darned good price IMO. I wish some of those bits and pieces would wind up listed on 86G first before they landed on Craigslist. :)
'85 Toyota Corolla GT-S Hatchback DMG
'92 Lexus SC400 Diamond White Pearl (WTS/WTT)
'99 Lexus SC300 Millenium Silver Metallic (WTS)

drift

Post by drift »

zacko9000 wrote:I actually bought the car, I'm going to yank what I need off of it and then put whats left up for sale. I'll post a classified here and on Craigslist when I'm done.
just wandering, do you own a white corolla

zacko9000
Tourist

Post by zacko9000 »

Nope, I have a silver GTS coupe project, but it's not running yet.