FS: '87 Turbo II ~SOLD~

Moderators: dr.occa, CBR_TOY

Trouble
Tourist

FS: '87 Turbo II ~SOLD~

Post by Trouble »

I have for sale my 1987 RX7 Turbo II in great condition. The Mileage is ~170k on the chassis and maybe ~7k on the motor. Tuning was performed by Chris Ott @ Rotary Performance. The tune is conservative and running off the waste gate spring (7psi). The motor is stout and pulls excellent vacuum. On the 7lb spring, the car made 305whp on Rotary Performance's Dyno Jet dynamometer (dyno sheet below). Boost is controlled by an HKS EVC III and the tune is relatively linear so Chris said running the car at 12-14psi would be safe. I specifically went to Chris because of his excellent rapport with the rotary community and his knowledge and tuning experience with rotary engines. Chris was conservative in tuning and the goals were to have a motor that will not run extremely hot and be reliable for drifting or track days, which I think we have accomplished. I've always wanted an RX7, but unfortunately I'm strapped for room and the other cars I have hold more weight emotionally so this one has got to go.

The exterior of the car is OK. It is deff not perfect and would probably need a respray in the future (it's been painted before), but still looks good enough from 30 ft. In all honesty, Turbo IIs in this condition are relatively hard to come by. Interior is in good shape. The plastics around the gauges would need to be replaced if someone really cared. I have a rebuilt switch for the wipers which will come with the car. The car has AC plumbed and the haltech is set up to control it but needs a recharge probably due to a small leak. I don't think the sunroof works any more, but I never tried and would rather not. The logicon (AC controls) works sometimes, pretty typical from what i understand.

S5 13B
Large street port
Mazdaspeed hardened rubber motor mounts
HKS T04E Turbo kit
Stock primary/1600cc secondary injectors
Walbro 255 fuel pump
Sard FPR
Haltech E11
Greddy R-SPL FMIC
Koyo Radiator
Apex'i GT exhaust cut and welded up with a v-band (hangs low)
HKS EVC III
Greddy Turbo Timer
ACT 6 puck unsprung clutch
C's Short Shifter
Mazdaspeed hardened rubber trans mounts
New Miata sealed battery

HKB steering wheel hub
NRG quick release
Personal steering wheel
KTS coilovers (pretty much brand new)
Hawk HPS brake pads
Brand new Feddy SS595 in 215/45/17 & 245/40/17
OZ wheels
Genuine Mazda rain guards (discontinued)
Racing Beat rear camber adjuster
Cusco front STB
6000K HID conversion

I know I'm forgetting items that are on the car.

A few things to nitpick:
The idle adjustment screw is a little wonky. I would recommend replacement or just replace the whole throttle body (car will idle fine but high ~1500RPM)
As mentioned above, the exhaust hangs lower than I would like. This could be fixed pretty easily by one of the many local fab shops (I can actually recommend an excellent fabricator to have this done if the buyer would like)
The turbo has a small exhaust leak at the v-band
The car did have a leaky low pressure power steering line which left fluid on that side of the car. This has been replaced but I prefer the car without powers steering so I have not used the system.

The white wheel and Moon Eyes knob will not be included with the car and instead a black personal wheel and S4 shift knob will be in their place.

Price has been reduced to $6,300 OBO. I will entertain trades, but I'll be honest in that there is not much I'm looking for. I am looking to pick up an M3, Porsche 911, or a track bike/sports bike. I may even take a kouki AE86 coupe or hatch that's clean+ cash. Let me know and we can discuss. Not gonna say I'll take anything, but I'll usually think anything through at least once.

Last edited by Trouble on Thu Dec 22, 2011 12:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Law

Re: FS: '87 Turbo II

Post by Law »

Clean, Corey! So clean. GLWS.

a.k.a.vene

Post by a.k.a.vene »

Mmmmmm daddy likes!!!
TILL IT REDLINES HACHI!!!!!!!!
NONSTOPTUNING.COM

TEAMSUNWORKS.COM

McKenney
VIP Member

Post by McKenney »

you have pm

bt20v

Post by bt20v »

i want.....pm me your number we should talk
Being a toyotaphile is hard work

1987 GTS Coupe
1985 Toyota 4 Runner Locked and Lifted
1995 4 Runner(sold)
1991 Hilux(never should have sold)
1985 Hilux(wrecked)
1985 GTS Hatch(sold)
1985 SR5 Coupe(sold)
1985 SR5 Coupe(sold)

yotarolla

Post by yotarolla »

You were on 2222 in the first part of the video weren't u? I love that road!

Trouble
Tourist

Post by Trouble »

Yes, I was. BTW, this thing sold.