NE ae86

Your Toyota

Moderators: dr.occa, CBR_TOY

JDMwhiteboy
VIP Member

Re: SD ae86

Post by JDMwhiteboy »

ah the IF game. I have palyed that a lot. It's like what you said, take a beather and do other things for a weekend or two. That will help clear your head and maybe fall apon the ecu in a random location. I still kick myself for sell my gts, I should have pushed it to my parents drivway and threw a tarp over it, would have come in handy last summer when the sr5 blew up. But than again the motor I am building now should be badass. well it should be for 3k in parts. >__<
I like cars, food, and puppies.

86boy

Post by 86boy »

alright well I pull the axles 1 was twisted (oops) the other was fine. Pulled the welded 3rd member.... low and behold the welds were starting to shell out. So now I have the joyous time of cleaning out all the metal in the housing. Shouldn't be too bad. I went through the Spool I got and set it up within spec according to the FSM. that damn thing should rock in the 86 and shouldn't have an issue. Set it up to be on the "tight" side of the range for everything so when the bearings start to wear it will fall directly within the range. Just for an idea backlash is set to 0.0050" just below the 0.0051" in the FSM. Figured it will loosen up a tiny bit just from driving then when I throw it a beaten it should be good to go!

Once I get the rear axle back together tonight I'm going to set the pinion angle up again as I tweaked around with it a while back during the last drift event. Shooting for a -2 pinion angle. Lots of measuring back and forth... might see if a friend wont stop by to help measure everything out so it'll go a little faster, but that probably wont happen.

Then I can measure out everything for a custom 1 piece driveshaft....order a clutch throw the clutch trans and driveshaft in. w-series complete! LOL still a little bit out on this.

ECU, CAS, and W55 driveshaft flange should be here this week as well.... so we'll see what happens.
      "Praise the Lowered"
|OOO _____________ OOO|
 \________|1964|_______/
    ¯¯                          ¯¯

86boy

Post by 86boy »

Well re did the wiring for the ae101 ecu.... still no go
      "Praise the Lowered"
|OOO _____________ OOO|
 \________|1964|_______/

Manifesto

Post by Manifesto »

your wiring isnt bad? meaning there is no break somewhere in the middle of the line... your solders and crimps are all good? did you test each of the wires for voltage drop, etc?
this is all under the assumption that your sensors, pin outs, etc are in working order

86boy

Post by 86boy »

lines are all good. nothing is crazy ohms either through the wires. I tested each individual wire going to the ecu plugs and made sure they all went to where they should have gone. I seriously have no idea. CAS won't be here til somewhere around the 10th. I'm done spending money on it though. If the CAS doesn't work... It's getting pulled out and sold. Freshly rebuild 4agze and the only life it's breathed was being cranked on.
      "Praise the Lowered"
|OOO _____________ OOO|
 \________|1964|_______/

mooreofit
VIP Member

Post by mooreofit »

yeah, i make bullets when car shit starts getting old. thats where ive been the last 6 months. needless to say i got a lot of bullets.
[img]http://i300.photobucket.com/albums/nn17/mooreofalan/attachment-2-1-1-1-1.jpg[/img]

Manifesto

Post by Manifesto »

86boy wrote:...If the CAS doesn't work... It's getting pulled out and sold.
seems like a terrible waste. especially because i looked for quite awhile for a ZE, and everyone flaked on me.
mooreofit wrote:...i make bullets...
i wish i knew how to. all i can do i buy bricks

86boy

Post by 86boy »

Manifesto wrote:
86boy wrote:...If the CAS doesn't work... It's getting pulled out and sold.
seems like a terrible waste. especially because i looked for quite awhile for a ZE, and everyone flaked on me.
yeah that would be a waste. I sat at work today and thats all I thought about was how much time, money, effort, sweat, blood, and a couple tears I've put into this damn thing. This thing is going to run and I'm going to make it my bitch (after I break it in) so I can give back all the frustration and anger it has given me! :slappity:
Manifesto wrote:
mooreofit wrote:...i make bullets...
i wish i knew how to. all i can do i buy bricks
hahahaha!!! I can only imagine how many bullets you have... maybe he could show you's how?! lol

on a side note...

Also tore this apart for the tach mod for the GZE. Not sure if many knew this but a for and a small flathead screwdriver works AWESOME for pulling the needles off.

Apparently there's a couple wires that need to be changed for the 7mgte, and currently awaiting a response to which wires to see if I already done that or not. Plus I need to charge my battery as it's a little dead now reading 10.9 volts.....bleh Also need to pick up a couple cans of brake cleaner tomorrow for the axle housing to get all the metal shavings from the welded diff out. Pick up 3 resistors and a cap as well. Also Discovered the Check Engine light wire is Green with a White strip on the 14 pin connector (with the wipers) in the passenger kick panel.

Ok well there's a little update with 1 pic. I'll add some more when I get them posted up.
      "Praise the Lowered"
|OOO _____________ OOO|
 \________|1964|_______/

dr.occa
Hades - Site Admin

Post by dr.occa »

Glad you've got an update still! I'm rooting for you man :tu: I know you'll get this thing running! Let me talk to a buddy of mine who's from Japan and has the same AE92 GZE setup in his coupe.

86boy

Post by 86boy »

dr.occa wrote:Glad you've got an update still! I'm rooting for you man :tu: I know you'll get this thing running! Let me talk to a buddy of mine who's from Japan and has the same AE92 GZE setup in his coupe.
That would be sweet. I'm about to throw money at it and see if its a faulty part.
      "Praise the Lowered"
|OOO _____________ OOO|
 \________|1964|_______/

mooreofit
VIP Member

Post by mooreofit »

ill trade .40s&w for cluster work.lol
[img]http://i300.photobucket.com/albums/nn17/mooreofalan/attachment-2-1-1-1-1.jpg[/img]

86boy

Post by 86boy »

to change out 3 resistors and a capacitor? lol it's like 5 dollars in parts. Just need a soldering iron a desoldering style (suction or braid) to pull the solder off the board. remove the piece and then flux and solder it back in.
      "Praise the Lowered"
|OOO _____________ OOO|
 \________|1964|_______/

McKenney
VIP Member

Re: Re: SD ae86

Post by McKenney »

mooreofit wrote:ill trade .40s&w for cluster work.lol
I'll take that trade...

Sent from my LG-MS690 using Tapatalk

86boy

Post by 86boy »

Haha as will i just seeing why lol
      "Praise the Lowered"
|OOO _____________ OOO|
 \________|1964|_______/

mooreofit
VIP Member

Re: NE ae86

Post by mooreofit »

just joking. i cant do that for liability reasons. its hard to double load with powder but its easy to short or half load on powder with my progressive press. that will cause a squib and you will have a bullet stuck in your barrel and the next shot fired will explode the gun. i had 3 squibs in my first thousand rounds 2 while i was shooting and one while a buddy was shooting.good thing i explained to him what a squib was and he caught it.

like this.

http://youtu.be/A5bs6epOYLw" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;