86 race car build

Your Toyota

Moderators: dr.occa, CBR_TOY

toyota85ae86

Post by toyota85ae86 »

did some exhaust on my freinds s13. came out crazy bozo redneck insanely wack and baller exhaust system.
suspicious garage

DjSpecter

Post by DjSpecter »

BHAHAHAHAHAH!! THIS IS INSANE!! LOVE THE S13

toyota85ae86

Post by toyota85ae86 »

suspicious garage

CBR_TOY

Post by CBR_TOY »

i'm ready for some sideways videos of this thing already!!!!
JDM AE86/AE92

toyota85ae86

Post by toyota85ae86 »

CBR_TOY wrote:i'm ready for some sideways videos of this thing already!!!!
ME TOO. my wiring harness will be installed tomorrow night. I got the dash ALMOST wired up. need to wire the fans up and tape some wires up and make it look pretty. Then i need to just put the dash in, plug some wires in and it will great. Motor cranks over good too. i got the starter working and it sounds great.

I made my hood shut. cut all the underside out and hood pined it shut haha. cheap and effective. still need a driveline, and i have tons of little crap to do but its coming along smooth
suspicious garage

DjSpecter

Post by DjSpecter »

Quite teasing us lets have a start up video!!!

toyota85ae86

Post by toyota85ae86 »

OK.....

so after much hell with wiring, it runs. it was rough, but it ran :D :D

i didnt have water in it so i just did a test fire. it was rough but it fired and ran for a good minute.

time to wire it correctly and finish it.

i have it half ass'd wired to get it to run :D :D :D :D
suspicious garage

dr.occa
Hades - Site Admin

Post by dr.occa »

glad to hear it fired up bryce. Image

toyota85ae86

Post by toyota85ae86 »

hey guys,

little update here:

so i got it fired up and running, it ran on 2 cylinders, but then after swapping some coil packs everything is good. i went through and unplugged each injector one at a time and the cylinder dropped, did the same with the coil packs. My spark plugs are crappy, and i ordered new ones be in on monday.

My alternator was making noise, and so i needed to swap it out, but ca18 parts are hard to find. So I used a ka24de alternator and modified up upper mount, then my water pump leaked. So i figured out that the alternator bracket bolts are ALSO water pump bolts haha. So it started to leak. then i decided to remove the timing belt cover and the pump and clean it out and get a new thermostat. I am going to get a thermostat later on, and i cleaned the pump. need to weld the bracket that i modified and seal the pump and put it back together. might run good now.

Drive line is being made tomorrow, i have been slacking on getting it made. wiring is pretty much done. i need to drive it and see how it goes. it revs decent, it seems like it starts to miss fire as revs increase and it runs like a tractor, BUT the plugs are in bad shape so im blaming those right now haha.
suspicious garage

dr.occa
Hades - Site Admin

Post by dr.occa »

appreciate the update bryce. good stuff. it's getting there.

looks like you found a way to get the drive shaft material to the guy. good deal.

toyota85ae86

Post by toyota85ae86 »

custom bracket

for a KA24de alternator

need to put some stuff back on and get it fired up again. IM READY!
suspicious garage

DjSpecter

Post by DjSpecter »

HELL YEA!! Is this a strickly track car or a strret car as well?

toyota85ae86

Post by toyota85ae86 »

DjSpecter wrote:HELL YEA!! Is this a strickly track car or a strret car as well?
straight track only. will see very little street time. basicly drive to and from the track and to meets ect.

its registered and titled so its drive able.

I WILL MAKE videos of the first drive. i just want to get the bugs worked out and get it running super good first. right no it just idles and is super loud haha
suspicious garage

DjSpecter

Post by DjSpecter »

I saved all the pics of your car and most of them are screensavers. Im just....CRAZY about this. I mean most people say wow just a engine swap. But to me its AWESOME> you do most of the work yourself and are very much dedicated to the car. Its comming together in record time. I mean DUDE KEEP UP THE AWESOME-NESS!!!

toyota85ae86

Post by toyota85ae86 »

DjSpecter wrote:I saved all the pics of your car and most of them are screensavers. Im just....CRAZY about this. I mean most people say wow just a engine swap. But to me its AWESOME> you do most of the work yourself and are very much dedicated to the car. Its comming together in record time. I mean DUDE KEEP UP THE AWESOME-NESS!!!

AND its people like YOU! that keep me motivated! thanks guy.

I am seriously 20 years old, i do about 99% of my own work on my car, i love trouble shooting things, and i enjoy doing things myself. I always have freinds over and we do projects. Im having fun with this build and cant wait to start a new one.

Soon as i move back to washington i am going to look into purchasing 2 sr5 zenki coupes haha. one of them will get an sr20det for a FULL formula D and D1 legal car, and the second will be a daily, with a 16v on itb and 20v electronics.

ALSO ANYONE wanting to do a major swap, consider using a painless wiring kit. I WISH i would have bought like a 10 circut painless kit and eliminated the OEM wiring harness. my formula d d1 car will have a full painless kit and ditch the oem wiring, it makes motor swapps easy. right now i have a key that is a starter......everything else is on switches that get battery power.
suspicious garage