Post by toyota85ae86 »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VR6kkDC77CE

RUNS. damn well too.

driveline be done tomorrow at 10am! omg drive time! im so pumped
suspicious garage

mooreofit
VIP Member

Post by mooreofit »

very badass!!! i cant wait to see the big smoky drifts.
[img]http://i300.photobucket.com/albums/nn17/mooreofalan/attachment-2-1-1-1-1.jpg[/img]

nt66

Post by nt66 »

i liked this car more with the 4a :(
http://www.facebook.com/willparsonsracing
www.willparsonsdrift.com

toyota85ae86

Post by toyota85ae86 »

so update.

got a driveline made, and wiring finished up, running GREAT. then it started to smoke. Ok so i look, and check over everything, leak down, compression all good. i found this:

turbo speewing oil, not from the drian tube or the feed line, BUT from the TURBO itself....lol its funny. so i bought THIS to go on instead

an HKS 2530, with a stock sr manifold, greddy egt gauge and all the oil water and megan elbow. all for 400$, from my freind, he upgraded to a full race 3071r and twinscroll manifold, so he sold me the HKS one for cheap.

and i got a driveline.

so tomorrow i pick up turbo, install and TEST run! should be wicked fast now.

Oh yeah, NT66....

I LOVED the 4age, but it as plauged with many issues, and it was getting tired and i was bored with the power. it was fun, and 155-160whp was fun in a corolla, but the carbs were troublesome from day one, and the motor was just to crazy built. then i decided i wanted turbo, yes could have gone turbo 4age, but my idea was CHEAP easy turbo power. sr20? ca18? well ca18det was cheaper, so i bought one. it has had the usual JDM engine issues, alternator going out and the water pump was crusty but after replacing few items and wiring it up, AWESOME.

I might build a 4age again for a daily driver.
suspicious garage

ga_goosh
VIP Member

Post by ga_goosh »

nice way to blow a budget! cant wait to see it run. i bet it will be a monster. 8)
I <3 my AE86

4AG Manual
AE86 FSM

toyota85ae86

Post by toyota85ae86 »

turbo was pulled last night, its for sure leaking oil haha. Im going to pick up the HKS 2530 now and put it on and take her for a spin. should be crazy!
suspicious garage

mooreofit
VIP Member

Post by mooreofit »

i would like to see a vid of that. :P
[img]http://i300.photobucket.com/albums/nn17/mooreofalan/attachment-2-1-1-1-1.jpg[/img]

toyota85ae86

Post by toyota85ae86 »

bad news.

i didnt have a blown turbo. i bought an AWESOME ass turbo really for no reason. the stock t25 was fine.

after working all night and getting the turbo on, i ran it today. only for about 5 minutes. then..............

well it started to smoke again!!???!?! wtf. well i backed it outside and started to look, oil POURING out the exhaust again!! its a brand new turbo what the hell.

soo, im like ok, maybe bad oil drian or clogged? nope, i pull the drian and fire up the motor to make sure it drianed. yup BUT...........
it poured out a milkshake. i was like OH SHIT and turned it off and pulled the dip stick, MMMMM milkshake.

what the odd part is. that ive been checking the oil and its been fine. but im thinking that after i got the new turbo on and running it for a minute the head gasket fully blew. must have been leaking slowly and when i went for a run up the street must have popped when i put a load on it.

cus i got the the street went around the block and pulled into the driveway it was smoking. so.......

kinda sucks
suspicious garage

toyota85ae86

Post by toyota85ae86 »

Pet snails:

suspicious garage

dr.occa
Hades - Site Admin

Post by dr.occa »

man, really sorry bryce. i feel for ya man. good thing it's just the hg. how is everything else?

fortunately you were beating on it and found out something was wrong when there were loud noises right.

toyota85ae86

Post by toyota85ae86 »

perfect

custom LOW and long mounts. it sits NICE

someone stole my motor!

suspicious garage

CBR_TOY

Post by CBR_TOY »

very nice seat sir... i wish you would come slide down here with those awesome colors of yours

hope you get everything back together quickly so we can see some tire carnage. :D
JDM AE86/AE92

toyota85ae86

Post by toyota85ae86 »

update:

So the place i got my gaskets from didnt even have them in stock! WTF. anyways thanks to brett at power nissan here in phoenix he was able to get me a gasket set.

anyways throwing arp head studs and new gaskets at the motor. should be good to go after that. Heads at the machine shop, he said he would finish up monday, so i will have a fresh head when i get it back.

car has been pushed out to the street and back up the driveway like 3 times, it keeps moving lol. I have been working on my freinds Ka86 doing the exhaust and we did a front main seal and stuff, so his car has been taking up my garage. but its all for the better becuase i dont have parts yet and so its fine.
suspicious garage

toyota85ae86

Post by toyota85ae86 »

added a lower brace. triangles are always better!

then mounted them on the new ca

suspicious garage

dr.occa
Hades - Site Admin

Post by dr.occa »

good deal bryce.

hopefully we're looking at a much better outcome here.