NE ae86

Your Toyota

Moderators: dr.occa, CBR_TOY

86boy

Re: NE ae86

Post by 86boy »

well for now I rewired BACK to the ae92. I have the CEL with the key in the ON position....also throws the 51 code for the A/C which is no longer there. Everything seems to be checking but I can't seem to time it... messed around with the ignitor a little bit. looked at the diagrams again. realized C1 is worthless due to it getting it's signal from IGd-B.... so I'm still not sure how the hell those guys are using said C1 and C3 pins... It runs but it's broken up REALLY bad. and it hunts up and down if you hold the throttle open at any position. really strange. might rewire the ignitor to attempt a couple other things and play around with it.
      "Praise the Lowered"
|OOO _____________ OOO|
 \________|1964|_______/
    ¯¯                          ¯¯

86boy

Post by 86boy »

uh oh... look what I got going with a good Toyota MAP sensor. I can confirm to not use a GM 2 bar map sensor... or at least the ones from ebay... So now the question is... who has a MAP from a 3sgte? I might be able to pick one up from a guy north of me, but I'm not sure if the 20v/mid 90's camry map sensor will work on a 4agze. Can anyone confirm this?

"Praise the Lowered"
|OOO _____________ OOO|
 \________|1964|_______/

dr.occa
Hades - Site Admin

Post by dr.occa »

Can't view video. You have it set to private you tease!

86boy

Post by 86boy »

oh my bad!!! It should be public now. I thought by default youtube had them set to public....

A little update and be on the look out for some wiring diagrams between the late ae92 and the ae101. Also I'm going to do a wiring diagram and some explaination for the 7mgte ignitor since well.... there doesn't seem to be any.

I ended up using IGd-B and C1 and C2 for now. but ideally you can use either or. If you use IGd-A you need to use C2 and C3, and if you use IGd-B you can use C1 and C2. While IGd-A or B is connected to 4agze harness IGd. Make sense? If not ask I can seriously explain every wire and what it does. If I grab my wiring diagram I can even tell you the wire color. It was a pain in the A$$ firguring all this out. lots of playing, and no real explaination. I already posted the Ignitor side wire colors already, but I'm going to put all that in it's own thread so it's easy to find.

Dr. Occa would it be best to post the wiring diagrams and the ignitor together or do them separate?

here's a little picture of it all together. I'll also post up what piping/intercooler I used and so far I'm not having much surging with the idle set down.

Last edited by 86boy on Wed Apr 25, 2012 10:57 am, edited 1 time in total.
      "Praise the Lowered"
|OOO _____________ OOO|
 \________|1964|_______/

dr.occa
Hades - Site Admin

Post by dr.occa »

It would be easier for those interested in what you did if they were posted together. It reduces going back and forth between separate windows/tabs/etc...

86boy

Post by 86boy »

Alright sounds good. I'll put that up when I'm at home and have everything in front of me. Oh and I have 30 miles on the 4agze already... Hopefully have another 100 on it tonight. Still don't think I'll make the Drift even this weekend as I need to tighten the pinion a little, wire in the SC relay, tires, and tidy up the interior. As well as figure out why my fans don't get on like they should.
      "Praise the Lowered"
|OOO _____________ OOO|
 \________|1964|_______/

86boy

Post by 86boy »

little update on things so far. I have put about 75 miles on the car... holding back... keeping it under 4k rpms. I got my electric fans going like they should. Tach is going. have a massive exhaust leak which will get fixed here soon with a new catback exhaust just needs to be 2.5" pipe, and preferred over axle. Any ideas besides buddy club? I'd like to score Reinhard.. but I'm not having much luck on finding it.

Only real issues now is pinion needs to be tightened up, the battery and/or alternator seems to be dying.... or I have an electrical leakage going on somewhere. Also need to hook up a SC relay. Other than that car seems to pull pretty good.

How many miles would you guys suggest breaking in a fully rebuilt 4agze? I'm running the SC as the car has it.... might as well break it in with it. I do believe the rings set and set good after doing the 65 to 30 back to 65 to 30 pulls.
      "Praise the Lowered"
|OOO _____________ OOO|
 \________|1964|_______/

dr.occa
Hades - Site Admin

Post by dr.occa »

Ah, well if it didn't fall apart then you must have built it right. Change the oil at about 200 miles. She should be good already by the sounds of it. Double check your valve clearances too around the same time.

86boy

Post by 86boy »

will do! I've been staying under 4000 rpms for the most part except from time to time where it "hangs" (explained later) and I clutch it and it revs up to 43-4400 rpms.

I decided to hold off on the drift even this weekend so I can get my car "aligned", pinion issue sorted out, possibly put the w55 in, 1 piece driveshaft, and some other little things. So it shouldn't be too bad. Seems to be doing fair so far all except my 9 year old yellow top optima taking a shit. So I bought another one. figured for the 125 dollars I paid well 9 years ago it was worth it. So paying 200 now isn't to bad in my opinion with a 3 year warranty. Also ordered an alternator just so I had a spare as I'm currently using my spare. haha

Does anyone know if you Optima will redo batteries? like recondition them or anything? No I have not looked this up what-so-ever just haven't had much time between working late and pissing around with the corolla.

I also have this semi weird issue while starting up. It revs to 2500-3000 rpms and acts like a rev limiter 2-3 times then idles down and it's good. Also if I hit the throttle real quick it seems to hang at that rpm for a second or two after letting off the throttle, but it's kind of sporadic while warm and happens all the time when it's cold.

Also I was on call last night and tonight, and have been fairly busy with that, so I haven't had much time to really play around with it.
      "Praise the Lowered"
|OOO _____________ OOO|
 \________|1964|_______/

dr.occa
Hades - Site Admin

Post by dr.occa »

That high idle up at start is the ecu's "warm" up idle.

86boy

Post by 86boy »

then immediately drops to 1k rpms? I'll see if I can't catch it on video. that is if my car starts.... something seems to be draining the battery... not sure what. either that or the alternator is only working part time now. I just gotta make it Tuesday for a new one. Already replaced the battery.
      "Praise the Lowered"
|OOO _____________ OOO|
 \________|1964|_______/

mooreofit
VIP Member

Post by mooreofit »

20 mins to set the lifters and break it in like your going to drive it.it is good practice to do a 30 minute run oil change and a 200 mile oil change to remove metal break in and machining debris.

the issue is probably the camry map sensor.did you find out if it was a one or two bar sensor.
[img]http://i300.photobucket.com/albums/nn17/mooreofalan/attachment-2-1-1-1-1.jpg[/img]

86boy

Post by 86boy »

it's not a camry sensor... I was asking if anyone knew if it would be another replacement as a couple people have told me.

I'm borrowing a map from a 3SGTE currently.
      "Praise the Lowered"
|OOO _____________ OOO|
 \________|1964|_______/

dr.occa
Hades - Site Admin

Post by dr.occa »

mooreofit wrote:...the issue is probably the camry map sensor.did you find out if it was a one or two bar sensor.

Ahhh, that's right. Probably what Alan said ^^^

86boy

Post by 86boy »

Still trying to find a camry map to try or online lol

Another update I wired in the relay for the SC, and seem to be kicking in and out when it should. Also Tightened up the pinion a little bit, and dropped the whine down by about half. haha stupid diffs... that is a damn art to get them setup 100% correctly. Anyone can slap one together, but i've pissed around with them a few times now, and can't seem to get it just right. Soon I will have this mastered... soon. haha

Nothing else really to do on the engine side. I already cleaned everything up that I wanted to clean up. Just need to get the w55 in there, but I need to order a clutch and the driveshaft needs done yet. Now I can just focus on that. I'm actually going to go smoke a cig real quick, and start up on the wiring diagrams for the late ae92, ae101, ignitor, SC relay, and electric fans. So be on the look out for one massive little write up soon-ish. I might type it all up in a word doc then transfer it over so it's all together in one shot in the electrical section.
      "Praise the Lowered"
|OOO _____________ OOO|
 \________|1964|_______/