86 race car build

Your Toyota

Moderators: dr.occa, CBR_TOY

mexellent

Post by mexellent »

Dude, I love this build. :D

DjSpecter

Post by DjSpecter »

I know this sounds funny and i know some of yiou know the amswer already but how hard is it to set up a 4age for carbs? like since you converted it to carb can you use the SR5 fuel lines and the gastank with out modification? and since your carbed you dont need the GTS computer and all that wiring correct?

toyota85ae86

Post by toyota85ae86 »

im using GTS fuel lines and a GTS gas tank, BUT i have an sr5 tank pickup and an external holley electric pump. I just use a hack saw and cut the gts fuel lines and used the proper rubber hose and clamps.

i removed ALL the wiring, cut the harness up and removed all i didnt need and re tapped it back.

im running my own wiring harness basicly and its simple. ONLY thing that works factory is the head lights lol. no wipers, no heat, no ac nothing.

it wasnt to hard, just converting from efi to carb i mean it oposite of what people do lol.

Its not hard to setup the carbs but its time consuming, ive redone so many things and its finiky. BUT ITS FUN!!!!
suspicious garage

DjSpecter

Post by DjSpecter »

where did you get the carbs from and where can I get them?

toyota85ae86

Post by toyota85ae86 »

DjSpecter wrote:where did you get the carbs from and where can I get them?
it took me awhile to find them, in my eyes i scored a good deal on them, bought them used for 750$. was missing the jet covers and needed a good clean but other then that they were fantastic.

i scored the TRD intake adapter for 200$ new as well.

you can pick up a brand new pair of webers from a few places but its big money.
suspicious garage

DjSpecter

Post by DjSpecter »

honeslty I know this is weird but I am in love with your car. Looks simple and clean in my eyes.

toyota85ae86

Post by toyota85ae86 »

DjSpecter wrote:honeslty I know this is weird but I am in love with your car. Looks simple and clean in my eyes.
thank you. I focus more on the feel and balance of the car and not the looks. i keep my exterior clean, no need for body kits and big wings. I do like flashy colors hence the green and black theme, but i would rather focus on function over form.

I will drop money on suspension or engine work verse body kits and flashy paint.

Motors going back in tomorrow, scored a Koyo radiator, installed my old electric fans from the other radiator, did some new wiring and cleaned the car up. Also got my brakes from 88rotors.com. brembo slotted/drilled rotors, and axxis pbr pads. those will go on tomorrow as well.
suspicious garage

DjSpecter

Post by DjSpecter »

SIMPLY STUNNING!!!! I will one day have to see your car in person. And when I do I will be talking ALOT of pics. lol

toyota85ae86

Post by toyota85ae86 »

bad NEWS :cry:

Ok so motors back in the car YAHHHH BUT, exhuast leak from hell. so its been working for 3 years now i have 2 studs 1 in the front 1 in the rear, ive never had nuts on them, and i had 3 bolts in the middle, ok fine worked for long time, i just cant get the studs out. and the back stud broke off part of the head. SO i cant get a bolt OR a new stud in becuase the head itself is broke off.

any how, motors in the car, get it back on 3 bolts gasket ect, exhuast leak. CRAP. ok tighten bolts more, still leaks. so then i call a buddy he said put some HIGH temp rtv and try that first. its an easy cheap temp fix.

so its drying as i type this i dont want to fire it up and blow it out, BUT if it doesnt work im going to have to pull the head, take it to my freinds shop and have him weld the head, drill and tap it. im praying that this RTV works becuase i have an event NEXT weekend. and if it doesnt work i will have to pull the head, weld and get it back together in a week!!!!

CRAP! o well, its a corolla. we will find out tomorrow if the rtv and gasket works.
suspicious garage

DjSpecter

Post by DjSpecter »

Noooooooo dont wanna hear this LALALALALALALALA lol Hope all goes well and you get her fixed.

mbehrens

Post by mbehrens »

go get a drill bit and an extractor and extract the busted one off.. then get your self a stud remover tool hit the head of the stud not hard but enough to shock the rust .. then try to tightin like a very little if you can tightin it even a thousands of an inch then you can back it out no problem
a 86 is an 86 no mater.

toyota85ae86

Post by toyota85ae86 »

88 rotors brakes ftw!

new koyo rad

engine runs, the high temp rtv seems to be working, i have yet to drive it, but i fired it up and got 90 psi of cold oil psi, runs smooth, everything seems good. need to get more green finish touch up on the core support, get the front back on, hood and drive it.
suspicious garage

ga_goosh
VIP Member

Post by ga_goosh »

woo hoo so all that is left is a test drive lookin good
I <3 my AE86

4AG Manual
AE86 FSM

joel26
VIP Member

Post by joel26 »

Looks great men... very nice... :P

toyota85ae86

Post by toyota85ae86 »

damn, ok drove the car, drove good, brakes felt good, parked it, and noticed i have one hell of an oil leak. so i took the front pulley off, too the front timing cover off, and its NOT the front main, and it looks to be leaking from the oil pump.

SO........looks like the pan has to come off AGAIN and the oil pump to be resealed. I used an OEM oil pump gasket, its metal and i didnt put any sealant on it so might have to put some sealer on it.
suspicious garage