Post by ga_goosh »

man what a day you had. :( well the sr will surely be faster tho
I <3 my AE86

4AG Manual
AE86 FSM

toyota85ae86

Post by toyota85ae86 »

ga_goosh wrote:man what a day you had. :( well the sr will surely be faster tho
eh yeah win some loose some. ive had crazy good luck at events and i guess this one haunted me, thats ok though. I REALLY want an sr20det, ive had SOOOO much fun with a carb 4ag, and the power is amazing this motor makes but i want drop in easy cheap more power and an sr20det is the way to go.

BTW posted up stuff for sale!
suspicious garage

dr.occa
Hades - Site Admin

Post by dr.occa »

sorry to hear of your run of bad luck.

yeah, sr is a pop swap. easy power for sure. i hope the project is a success for you.

mooreofit
VIP Member

Post by mooreofit »

really suck. everybody has there days.
[img]http://i300.photobucket.com/albums/nn17/mooreofalan/attachment-2-1-1-1-1.jpg[/img]

toyota85ae86

Post by toyota85ae86 »

well the motor runs, the manifold fix was easy drill the stud out and retapped it and threaded in a new stud just fine, that was easy, but then the starter dieing, and it being so hott, me being tired as hell for a diff swap that night, ect just made a crap day.

i got the car running today, runs good no problems with the motor itself, its just i need stability, reliability, and less hassle. though the carb 4age is crazy fun, but for what im doing i need more power hahaha, and not have to tweak with a car all the time.
suspicious garage

toyota85ae86

Post by toyota85ae86 »

CA86 project begins. so i bought a JDM awesome ca18det motor set now to fab mounts and bolt it up. should be cool and fast
suspicious garage

dr.occa
Hades - Site Admin

Post by dr.occa »

toyota85ae86 wrote:CA86 project begins. so i bought a JDM awesome ca18det motor set now to fab mounts and bolt it up. should be cool and fast
awesome zenk. if you would so generous, would you journal it here for us as we watch it unfold?

it would be greatly appreciated and enjoyed.

toyota85ae86

Post by toyota85ae86 »

thats the motor set i bought, and im looking at some intercoolers. I found a bunch in the size im looking for with a piping kit for around 155$ or i can buy a core itself for 75$ and use steel piping. I figure hell for 155$ and a piping and coupler kit with the correct sized intercooler im looking for.

fab some motor mounts up, and a trans mount, cut shifter hole, sell all my 4age parts, wiring ect. wont be to hard to do, and get POWER....and EFI and reliability.
suspicious garage

ga_goosh
VIP Member

Post by ga_goosh »

here it comes cant wait to see the out come :)
I <3 my AE86

4AG Manual
AE86 FSM

toyota85ae86

Post by toyota85ae86 »

4age was fun, but i need more power. this 16v puts down good numbers but i want more power. and a ca86 will get me that. PLUS TURBO! hahaha.

n/a is cool beans but for drifting and doing what i want to do i need turbo and power
suspicious garage

toyota85ae86

Post by toyota85ae86 »

f-you 4age

i love green

goodbye onto a new owner in california

step one COMPLETE

step 2 begins........
suspicious garage

toyota85ae86

Post by toyota85ae86 »

piping

cx racing intercooler and piping kit, bought for 150$ shipped.

room full of junk

t25 flanges to make the S bend for the turbo relocation, I need to find some good thick 90 bends and make the turbo S how jesse had it done, and Efrian, I MIGHT have you weld it, if you can tig weld it, its a pretty critical part and i think tig welding it will be way better. But im going to need some heavy duty piping so it wont break in the end. flanges are 1/2" thick and came with gaskets for 30$ shipped

then:

piping route, im going to mount the intercooler HIGHER up and then the 2 holes on each side of the core support, the pipes fit right through. the cold side will be one J bend a 90 to the tb and a coupler to the intercooler. its simple. i will make brackets to mount it up higher. basicly the lights WONT close, they dont anyways so i dont care, in fact im going to remove the motors and weld the linkage to the housing and make them permanant open.

obviously i will mount it level only for demo purposes :D :D

fuel pump on order
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/MSD-2225 ... ccessories

I like ordering through ebay because i can use my paypal account, and really if you know what to look for on ebay you can find deals.
suspicious garage

joel26
VIP Member

Post by joel26 »

Are u selling that header ? if so how much....? :D

CBR_TOY

Post by CBR_TOY »

very very nice.... i've seen the Australians do this swap a lot.
JDM AE86/AE92

ga_goosh
VIP Member

Post by ga_goosh »

lookin good so far :D
I <3 my AE86

4AG Manual
AE86 FSM