Anyone here into BMX?

Anything not related to the AE86 and cars in general (but let's keep it respectful and courteous everyone).

Moderators: dr.occa, CBR_TOY

kaos
Tourist

Re: Anyone here into BMX?

Post by kaos »

i just bought a haro dave mirra pro series and there are two small street parks here in shawnee and tecumseh oklahoma. i will try to get some footage but i really suck. i used to be 10x better when i was like 16.

i am looking for some different parts or another bike, this one is nice and I got it for $50 but it is tipping the scale at 36lbs. which is too heavy but it rides very nice and for only having to bolt the crank arm back on and put a tube in it you can't beat it. here are some pics.

i will get some pics and footage of the 2 parks i ride at. there is also a matt hoffman all concrete park in okc that I want to go to at least a few times this summer, if I do I will definitly get some pics and stuff. lemme know what ya'll think and if anyone has any parts or bikes for sale and are willing to work with a poor ass father of 4 lemme know. may be interested. lol

later guys

landslideATX
VIP Member

Post by landslideATX »

nice find for only $50. i ride an older diamondback.
i changed all the black out with red and took off the 72 spokes. all i can really do is bunny hop. thats all i really wanted to learn so i could get out of the way of car's and so forth while riding around town.
[img]http://i9.tinypic.com/832gfm9.jpg[/img]
"Now their greatest enemy is chlamydia, a disease also found in humans. This disease is transmitted by sexual contact, and it has killed over three thousand koalas in the last year."

CBR_TOY

Post by CBR_TOY »

very nice guys.... i'll have to post my current collection here soon
JDM AE86/AE92

kaos
Tourist

Post by kaos »

well i can bunny hop, bunny hop 180, manual, hop over bars, flatland tailwhips, 180s on the 1/4 pipe, can ride fakie(backwards) and spin out of it. i go to on of the parks at least every other day with my kids, it is a good way to excercise and my boys like riding as well and my girls love the playground so everyone wins.

i will try to get some footage soon, wanna get a little better before I start putting up vids.

landslide- your bike looks pretty light brother, a guy let me ride his eastern the other day and that thing was like 23lbs, i have never ridden anything so light.

i will try to get some videos of some of the local kids also, there are a few that are amazing.

thanks everyone

CBR_TOY

Post by CBR_TOY »

i remember my race bike 15 years ago was an Auburn Mini and was 14 or so pounds haha

my brother's Titan Ti-Lite was 9 or so pounds

i'll try and get pics tonight of the current collection
JDM AE86/AE92

landslideATX
VIP Member

Post by landslideATX »

some of the road bikes out there get pretty light. i've seen some that you can pick up with your pinkie finger.

kaos- it is pretty light guess. i'm a small guy so i don't need anything to crazy. i'm 5'4 and 130lb. i keep burning thru tires sliding down hills around austin.
"Now their greatest enemy is chlamydia, a disease also found in humans. This disease is transmitted by sexual contact, and it has killed over three thousand koalas in the last year."

Mikey
Tourist

Post by Mikey »

my current whip.

its a lot of fun, i fall more than i do tricks lol..

and landslide, when i used to ride thats the bike my best friend had, i remember those bars anywhere.

used to ride about 5 years ago, but this year i decided i would get back into it.
Driving a AE86 is fun because you can floor it and the cops wont bother you - Mikey's g/f

dr.occa
Hades - Site Admin

Post by dr.occa »

i'm digging this bike. really liking the no-chrome on teal.

Mikey
Tourist

Post by Mikey »

The teal is very nice. I tend to like strange colors and when I saw the we the people in that color, full chromoly, I just had the have it.
Driving a AE86 is fun because you can floor it and the cops wont bother you - Mikey's g/f

kaos
Tourist

Post by kaos »

that bike is awesome, i am looking in to a few different bikes right now, an eatern cobra and a hoffman condor. but i am always keeping my eyes open.

landslideATX
VIP Member

Post by landslideATX »

i pieced this bike together. the bars are off of my friends mongoose. the old ones were so wide. i don't have the cash to drop on all the new stuff so i just build up stuff and service it myself.

kaos
Tourist

Post by kaos »

yeah, i broke mine yesterday and am going to have to order a new crankset. kinda sux.

Mikey
Tourist

Post by Mikey »

thats no fun. i blew a tire yesterday. repaired it and went riding with the gf today. was fun but she isnt in the same shape that i am lol

dr.occa
Hades - Site Admin

Post by dr.occa »

Mikey wrote:...was fun but she isnt in the same shape that i am lol

THAT'S SO WRONG! make sure she doesn't read over your shoulders :o

Mikey
Tourist

Post by Mikey »

hah she tells me that herself. our relationship is kinda odd. i like fat chicks lol