ae100 guru w/ aquired ae86 bt 20v.

Introduce yourself to the community

Moderators: dr.occa, CBR_TOY

4agshoob

Re: ae100 guru w/ aquired ae86 bt 20v.

Post by 4agshoob »

CBR_TOY wrote:damn man! a 4 door corolla AND an 86?!!?

my kind of guy! welcome good sir!

....thats 2 sedans :mrgreen: cant forget the wifeys sprinter/prizm :

these are some older pics....its currently lowered on sprint springs with 16x7 MB wepons. as soon as i locate another ae101 4agze for the coupe , the blacktop will be going in her car. her car is more about creature comfort , its our "kid" shuttle :lol: it still has a/c ,power everything , decent cound system, and auto...staying auto.

P.S. bought this car for $400 , had a supposed blown 7afe.....needed plugs , wires , rotor button , and cap.....has 196k on it and runs fine now. im waiting for the 7afe to lose compression or find the gze for the coupe...then i have a 7a block to play with :D
706-669-6578 EST

mooreofit
VIP Member

Post by mooreofit »

i know if ura owned it it was clean and well kept and built properly. nice find. how soon till the new gze motor runs?
[img]http://i300.photobucket.com/albums/nn17/mooreofalan/attachment-2-1-1-1-1.jpg[/img]

4agshoob

Post by 4agshoob »

not soon enough!!!!! :wink:

yes the car is clean but some mechanical things in my opinion were left in question , but then again he didnt daily drive the car either.....my biggest concern is no thermostat , and the cooling flow , im trying to get it corrected before summertime here in hotlanta gets in full swing. the way its setup now , i dont think the rear cylinder is getting full circulation of coolant.

it also has a problem in runing overly rich. ive done everything i can think of too...the tps was way out of adjustment , i got it set. it helped a little , the timing i think is off a little , because after a 20 minute run at 4000 rpms , the headers glow orange , and everytime i redline and shift i throw a 12" fireball out he back...looks cool but its still too rich.

but ill be sure to post up those questions in a few , right now im up to my elbow in getting the sedan ready.
706-669-6578 EST

4agshoob

Post by 4agshoob »

mandm177 wrote:
5hu83r7 wrote:trd 8.1kg fronts , 5.3kg rears ,t3 roll center adjusters, tokico hp blues on all 4 corners , fresh rebuild on the 4:3 lsd , 4 puck clutch . turn key bt swapped , brand new tires (celica supras , watanabes were sold before i got the car , as well as the trueno front bumper) immaculate interior.....
welcome!

just curious to know how the tokico blues and trd springs setup feels?

Im thinking about eventually going to a short stroke setup (currently tokico blues/espelir gt active springs), and wouldnt mind jumping on a set of short stroke springs while i have the chance.

opinions of your setup please!
stiff!!! everytime on the highway hitting dips and bumps i feel as if my cheeks look like a bulldog. it doesnt bounce like cut springs , you can tell its got stiff shocks.....it feels pretty much like a sport suspension to best describe it.
706-669-6578 EST

mooreofit
VIP Member

Post by mooreofit »

i run no thermostat but anyways i think you have a bad map sensor input to the ecu.either caused by vacuum leaks by the sensor wiring issues or a failing sensor.also poor grounds or low voltage can also cause this issue.
[img]http://i300.photobucket.com/albums/nn17/mooreofalan/attachment-2-1-1-1-1.jpg[/img]

4agshoob

Post by 4agshoob »

thread resurrection!!!!!

i never thought about the ground....it does have only one 1/2 copper ground coming off of the lower block. another problem i was encoutering was everynow and then id get a back fire throught the intake when the engine was between op. temp and cold.

finally got around to throwing a timing light on it , and forund it to be between 8-9 degrees.

since this thread the red coupe is down with a grenaded LSD and a failure sr-5 tranny. the only thing holding me back on the white sedan at the moment is a damn circuit opening/fuel cut relay and putting a new outer boot on the driver side axle, exhaust, and new rotors.

ive found a later model ae92 front cut with a 4agze DLI LSD 10 psi sc. i can use the axles out of it , sell the ae92 levin front end, get the motor i want for the red coupe and get ready to swap the bt into the wifes car. i actually think i can possibly make it pay for half of its own original price......

since all this , ive aquired another coupe. also a true gt-s un-molested, with a 4" thick binder of dealer service records , and the window sticker. was a one owner car till about the time i bought ura's red coupe. this car was actually the car i was trying to get my hands on before it disappeared and ura's was the next avail that "appeared" to be in good shape. well about a month ago the car surfaced and caught my eye in a town i work in. it wasan older lady driving it , so in a wierd freakish way i followed her to a restraunt parking lot (remember im in my coupe as well) and struck a conversation with her about how she bought the car 2 days prior to me being able. i pointed at mine and told her i restored them , and i know what she gave for the car , and would she be willing to get the same out of it? she didnt hesitate!!! she said the car was way too sporty for her, but it was a cheap car she could afford, and shes going into surgery later that week coming out and expecting to have over 800 staples in both legs , and she wouldnt be able to drive it. so she only had the car for 2-3 months, and also babied it.

in the records i find that it had a trd 1mm head gasket installed in 08 , as well as a ring job , and bearings. valve lash was adjusted at the same time , as well as new valve seals, and springs (springs also trd). from what i gather , the same guy always worked on the car when it was in for service for the last 12 years....."alfonzo". apparently alfonzo was fond of these cars. one ticket i find is from a machine shop where ".020" was taken upon resurfacing the head. OS giken clutch was installed in 2009 , and at the same time KYB gr-2's were installed. im guessing either he opted for the best parts out there withen factory reason for the car , or these were the only things available through toyota in 2008. i find the same customer name on all the paperwork including the original sales papers..."larry spivey".

i dig deeper...why not? i look on the sales papers and on the window sticker , and in faint letters barely ledgible i find.."business mans class". thats right....louvers, rainguards, cruise in the dash, 3rd brake light, top of the line stereo , w/ factory installed azimuth tri-axle 6x9's in the rear dash, trunk rack, rubberized undercoating, and driver and passenger mirrored visors....i know even more history on the car , but i wont bore you guys.

you guys ready for this?

$1200

thats it , thats all i payed for a brand new condition 1985 dealer service for its entire life, gt-s coupe!! this car is so tight and drives like its brand new , no squeeks , no creeks , no rattles, the LSD is so tight in it , you'd swear it was welded.

i know its in a couple of my pictures i post , and in my sig , but ill see if i can get some nice photos of just that car alone. before and after. as for the the rainguards and louvers , they found theyre home on my red coupe , it just looked so right on the kitted car.
706-669-6578 EST

mooreofit
VIP Member

Post by mooreofit »

nice. if the headers are glowing the timing is definatly retarded. sorry for the late reply. i just got yoor pm i will be repling shortly.

supra_750

Post by supra_750 »

welcome ive always loved uras car. i always wondered who bought it, great find!

mooreofit
VIP Member

Post by mooreofit »

how do you know ura? i know him through danny. ccc.com

supra_750

Post by supra_750 »

mooreofit who u talkin to, i just know him thru c4ag

mooreofit
VIP Member

Post by mooreofit »

ahh he has a nice porche on wheels. he started his own stalet forum too. kp61.net.

4agshoob

Post by 4agshoob »

O_o......? he has a mini cooper.....no porsche. as far as kp61...i dunno either. i do know , however the car looked nice , and was swapped , i soon found out after buying another 86 , how ragged out it was. i shouldnt have spent the money i did on that car........
706-669-6578 EST

mooreofit
VIP Member

Post by mooreofit »

wow alot has happened in a year or so. he had a white one slammed with some really nice wheels.

and its kp61.com my bad. the beef was that bad ha?

as far as ragged out who doesnt rag out there ae86? i dont know anyone who doesnt beat one there cars.

4agshoob

Post by 4agshoob »

no beef , we still talk.

as far as beating on it , is one thing . but just overall other things. some things are just not right, and ill leave it at that. and yes i beat the shit out of my cars, but along with that you gotta maintain them too......
706-669-6578 EST

mooreofit
VIP Member

Post by mooreofit »

i usually change the oil right after i replace the motor then it usually dies with the same oil in it.and yes there might be some wires hanging from under the dash with switches on them just twisted and taped together.... and there might be some coat hanger holding my muffler up. yes im guilty too.