New here from Mass soon to be Hewitt Texas

Introduce yourself to the community

Moderators: dr.occa, CBR_TOY

lawthugg
Tourist

New here from Mass soon to be Hewitt Texas

Post by lawthugg »

Hi all, i go by Kermit... you read right. thats what i prefer.
im 30yr old so im a bit of an old schooler. im on some other 86 forums as well but planned to jump on this one due to an upcoming relocation at the end of the year.

im on my 4th 86 (1 1987 coupe and 3 1986 coupes) and i love this car. loved them all. someday i will buy a hatch

guess im here cuz i wanna make some new friends so when i get to TX i will have people to hang with that like to do what i do. I dont really know anyone down there.

anyone wish to introduce themselves on here go ahead.
anxiously waiting to drive my 86 in that TX weather
Last edited by lawthugg on Sun Sep 18, 2011 2:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.

joel26
VIP Member

Re: New here from Mass soon to be Hewitt Texas

Post by joel26 »

Welcome sir

JDMwhiteboy
VIP Member

Post by JDMwhiteboy »

Welcome man. There's a good bunch of us in the DFW and all over Texas. I hope you like your stay
I like cars, food, and puppies.

lawthugg
Tourist

Post by lawthugg »

thank man im hoping as well... need to get my 86 out of new england before she rusts up so i think ima make TX my perm home.
hey im only like 1 1/2hr from austin and dallas and ive seen alot of people on here from both places. gettin more excited to move. everyone over here is on the honda ban wagon and sowly converting to evo's and wrx's so i need to find my old school crowd again

dr.occa
Hades - Site Admin

Post by dr.occa »

Welcome to the boards kermit.

I may make a trip to SA to meet with some 86G buds.

UncleTonyBerman

Post by UncleTonyBerman »

welcome... Im from up north myself, NY, and since moving to TX 9 years ago, have made it my home! good luck with the move

dr.occa
Hades - Site Admin

Post by dr.occa »

I forgot to mention that I came down to Texas as a kid 30 years ago from Burlington, MA myself. I have family still in Dorchester (from last I spoke with them). We were all over MA: Charlestown, Hyde Park, Southie, Roslindale, Quincy, Burlington. Where abouts MA do you hail from?

Thomas
Tourist

Post by Thomas »

Welcome to Texas! I think you'll like it here, from a car-modifying perspective.
1977 Celica
1977 280Z - wife's toy
1989 Cressida

UncleTonyBerman

Post by UncleTonyBerman »

dr.occa wrote:I forgot to mention that I came down to Texas as a kid 30 years ago from Burlington, MA myself. I have family still in Dorchester (from last I spoke with them). We were all over MA: Charlestown, Hyde Park, Southie, Roslindale, Quincy, Burlington. Where abouts MA do you hail from?

Im NY.... Long Island and Syracuse... Ive been to MA a few times, had family in Otis/Lennox area... saw the Boston Pops and BSO at Tanglewood alot when the were still there

lawthugg
Tourist

Post by lawthugg »

Thanks for the welcoming... I grew up in Lawrence, MA... not the greatest place in the world but i learned to servive. My family is kinda all over. Methuen, Malden, Medford, Andover, some in Puerto Rico, some in Florida... I taught a lot of the younger crowd over here how to do proper mods. when everyone was just slapping on intake and exhaust i was rebuilding motors. I was one of those guys that when everyone went to the clubs i stayed home and tinkered with my car... kept me out of a lot of trouble and prob why im still alive. haha...