1985 Hilux(wrecked)
1985 GTS Hatch(sold)
1985 SR5 Coupe(sold)
1985 SR5 Coupe(sold)

dr.occa
Hades - Site Admin

Re: DFW area meet...

Post by dr.occa »

The dated events meet will require pertinent footage coverage and comments MINIMIZING CLUTTER as well as aimless, train of thought posting y'all. I was under the impression that we as a community all want meaningful content. Am I mistaken guys?

JDMwhiteboy
VIP Member

Post by JDMwhiteboy »

My understanding was that this thread was for the dfw guys to gather and chat about witch meet to go to that week and things that might keep us from attending. Each meet is always subject to change at any time whether that be the location, time, or even the event happening itself due to weather, other meets, and the police (like last night). I personally have a problem with taking pics and videos at many of these "unofficial" meets, there have been too many horror stories of people being followed home or of license plates being recorded and things getting stolen. Our "aimless train or thoughts" is just normal conversations between friends with the ability for anyone to join in on this board, in hopes of more 86 guys showing up to these meets. The "Wednesday" meet we talk about so much is the one meet we all drive to, there are many other meets that I attend throughout the week. So, really I'm not quite sure at what you are trying to do here?

Here is the list so far of meets in the dfw. (note this list has already changed, ricekillers is no more)

""""ORGANIZED ONE-TIME EVENTS
CUPCAKE MEET 11
NOVEMBER 12, 2011
Somewhere in austin lol
http://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=166909486701646" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
dunno if this link is still good but w/e

Monthly meets
Rice Killer drag races in denton
Denton Drag Way
Every second thursday of the month
free! race is i think 10, dont quote me

Cars & Coffee
Every first saturday of the month in plano
at the bmw dealer ship
spring creek and dallas north tollway
free 8am - 12pm

imported performance
MK's Sushi
2901 Fair Drive
Fort Worth, Texas
http://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=194945327224182" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Imported- ... 9336315936" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

MONDAY
Monday: (weekly, but check website each week for updated info & availability) – Ricekiller.com meet - Palladium Ballroom - 1135 S. Lamar St. in downtown Dallas (Lamar & I-30) - 300-600+ good mixture of import & domestic cars - 8p-11p
last time i checked, this was canceled

Monday: (weekly) – DIY Performance meet – I ♥ Café’ (I Heart Café) – next to Game Stop – 3112 N. Jupiter #311, Garland (Jupiter & Beltline…around the corner from, but in the same parking lot as, Saigon Mall) - 20-30+ (mostly) import cars- 8p-11p

TUESDAY
Tuesday: (bi-weekly – next one is October 4th) – L.A. Burger meet - 10045 N. MacArthur Blvd. Ste. 113, Irving (on N. MacArthur just north of Valley Ranch Pkwy E.) - 10-15+ (mostly) import cars - 8p-11p

Tuesday: (weekly) – Team Havok meet – Roxy’s Bar & Grill - 8407 Boulevard 26 (Grapevine Hwy), North Richland Hills (Boulevard 26 & Harwood) - 30-50+ (mostly) import cars - 8p-11p

Plano's 1st and 10
http://www.dallasimports.net/forums/ind ... =154351&hl" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
6205 Coit Road
Plano, Texas
7pm-11pm every other tuesday
June - 21st
July - 5th
July - 19th
August - 2nd
August - 16th
August - August 30th
September - 13th
September - 27th
October - 11th
October - 25th
November - 1st

WEDNESDAY
Wednesday: (weekly) – Cupcake Meet group meet - Saigon Mall / Lee’s Sandwiches - 3212 N. Jupiter Rd, Garland, (Jupiter & Beltline) - 70-100+ (mostly) import cars 8p-11p

Wednesday: (weekly) – A-1 Super Buffet / Café Boulevard meet - 2216 New York Ave, Arlington (E. Pioneer Pkwy & New York Ave) - 80-140+ (mostly) import cars 8:30p-11p

Wednesday: (weekly) – Arlington Highlands Wednesdays meet – near Chuy’s and Red Robin – 4001 Bagpiper Way, Arlington - (NE corner of I-20 & Matlock) – 40-75+ (mostly) import cars 8:30p-11p

I also think there is one at performance alley that used to be the sonic meet? correct this if i'm wrong.

THURSDAY
Thursday: (first Thurs of each month - next one should be October 6th) - Cobb Tuning cook-out & car meet - 1200 Placid Ave, Plano (near Ave K & 14th in east Plano) - about 70-90+ (mostly) import (Subaru & Mitsubishi) cars - 6:30p-10:30p.

Boiling pot
starting july 14th
Starts at 830

Regal Row in dallas next to the jack in the box
its a rolling "meet" goes on till police annoy u to much
theres about 5 different locations so if u get lost, to bad lol or u can sit and wait and eventually every comes back
free, unless u want to put down 9pm~ ish

FRIDAY

SATURDAY
Saturday: (every other week starting October 8th) - Performance Alley meet – at Performance Alley - 1702 S. Hwy 121, Lewisville (business 121 & E. Southwest Pkwy. - behind the Valero & O’Reilly’s…across from What-a-Burger – just west of I-35 Stemmons) - 40-70+ (mostly) import cars 6p-10p

Saturday: (first Saturday of each month - next one is October 1st) – ”Cars & Coffee" meet at Classic BMW - 6800 Dallas Pkwy., Plano (Dallas North Tollway & Spring Creek) - this is the BIG show - 700-1,100++ VERY nice cars - get there early to beat the heat and get a decent parking spot. A "must see" show. - 7:30a-11:30a

Saturday: (last Saturday of each month - next one is September 24th) – Cars & Bikes meet at RAC Performance (formerly RUF Auto Centre) - 3219 Commander Dr. Carrollton (south of Trinity Mills off Midway…across from Addison Airport) - 25-50+ exotic & high-line cars - 8a-12n

(see back for more meets)
Saturday: (weekly) - DFWAutoClub.com informal get together - "Cupcakery" - 6975 Lebanon Rd, Frisco (Dallas North Tollway & Lebanon) - 10-15+ mostly Euro (Porsche & BMW) cars – 8:30a-11a

Saturday: (weekly) – Saturday Nights at Beach & Western Center meet – Starbucks near Albertson’s - 6415 N. Beach St, Ft. Worth – (SW corner of N. Beach St & Western Center Blvd.) – been going on for years - 30-50+ (mostly) import cars - 9p-11p

Ft. Worth on beach st.
Albertsons Parking lot
after that its also a rolling "meet"
starts at everman south on i35 then idk
free, unless u want to put down 830ish i think

SUNDAY
Sunday: (weekly) – TexasImportsToday.com - Sunday Nights in Southlake - West parking garage roof top (across from the Apple Store) - 260 Grand Ave. Southlake (in Southlake Town Square…114 & N. Carroll Ave.) - 10-25+ (mostly) import cars - 8p-11p

Sunday: (weekly) – Carl’s Jr. meet – Kroger’s parking lot - 1100 E. Hebron Pkwy., Carrollton (NE corner of Old Denton & Hebron) - 10-25+ (mostly) import cars - 8p-11p""""
I like cars, food, and puppies.

McKenney
VIP Member

Post by McKenney »

:various3:

McKenney
VIP Member

Post by McKenney »

first post updated

dr.occa
Hades - Site Admin

Post by dr.occa »

I don't know what conversation you are referring to that you had with any of the admins that would have intimated some "agreement" or understanding that would set this thread apart as such Ted.

IM applications and PMs are best suited for meandering or free flowing dialogue. This thread doesn't justify or necessitate 30 pages based on its content. The retort your offered up is implying a sense of "injustice" is being acted out when in fact I appealed to the DFW members most active in this seemingly potential endless thread in a VERY respectful manner and advised. Please keep it in perspective that I'm not required to be such and have been entrusted with the maintaining of this forum for its small community. Content quality is important to the owner as well as the few admins involved. This shouldn't be unpleasant. If it has to, the thread can be archived but only after the admin staff agrees to it.

You and I both know this small web presence is a luxury; a small one but one none-the-less. Let's all be more thankful rather than approach any sense of entitlement.

dr.occa
Hades - Site Admin

Post by dr.occa »

Pictures aren't necessary or a prerequisite. That was never implied as such. It's a given that media coverage isn't necessary but it makes for uninteresting threads. Keep in mind, most of us aren't on here for the Novels.

The internet mixes textual information AND media together for a MULTIMEDIA experience for others to experience in places they may not frequent or ever visit. If there's no "drama" then useful, insightful content is what brings people to any forum and thread as well as garner a reputation for itself. That reputation can be one of meaningful content or not so meaningful, etc...etc...

I don't think I really need to go on.

I'm asking y'all to be understanding and please respect the admin teams' desires for this small community.

McKenney
VIP Member

Post by McKenney »

Most of the posts pertain to meeting up at the Garland Wednesday meet. I'm lost.

dr.occa
Hades - Site Admin

Post by dr.occa »

This thread doesn't really need to be 30 pages long guys.

You'll just have to start up another thread for each specific meet and in the events forum.