Looking for a GT-S

Introduce yourself to the community

Moderators: dr.occa, CBR_TOY

Island_DC5
Tourist

Looking for a GT-S

Post by Island_DC5 »

Hey 86 Garage..

Names Robert and just joined this forum as Im searching for a clean GT-S as a second vehicle/daily for now and eventually a project car.

Currently drive a 05 RSX thats been my money pit for the last two years, but will hopefully find a Corolla soon and retire the RSX lol.

joel26
VIP Member

Re: Looking for a GT-S

Post by joel26 »

Welcome..... good luck finding a gts man...

dr.occa
Hades - Site Admin

Post by dr.occa »

If you think your RSX is a money pit, wait 'til you get into a 25+ year old, AFM operated Corolla. Welcome to the boards.

Jay_ATX
Tourist

Post by Jay_ATX »

dr.occa wrote:If you think your RSX is a money pit, wait 'til you get into a 25+ year old, AFM operated Corolla. Welcome to the boards.
+1 lol

Island_DC5
Tourist

Post by Island_DC5 »

Lol youre probably right. If only I could find one now. Texas doesnt have anything right now, all the nice ones are in California seems like.

JDM AE86

Post by JDM AE86 »

Island_DC5 wrote:Lol youre probably right. If only I could find one now. Texas doesnt have anything right now, all the nice ones are in California seems like.
Road trip
http://facebook.com/86levin

mandm177

Post by mandm177 »

Or you can have it shipped. I think i spent 600-700 to have one shipped to Dallas from close to San Diego

ga_goosh
VIP Member

Post by ga_goosh »

welcome i agree the gts will require more money then your rsx for sure. welcome
I <3 my AE86

4AG Manual
AE86 FSM

Island_DC5
Tourist

Post by Island_DC5 »

Thanks for the welcomes :tu:

Yeah I wouldn't mind flying out and driving the vehicle back. I just don't want to fly out and it end up not being what it seemed in the pictures.

Yeah mandm I was looking at shipping prices too, who did you go with and how was their service? did you ship open or enclosed?

mandm177

Post by mandm177 »

Island_DC5 wrote:Thanks for the welcomes :tu:

Yeah I wouldn't mind flying out and driving the vehicle back. I just don't want to fly out and it end up not being what it seemed in the pictures.

Yeah mandm I was looking at shipping prices too, who did you go with and how was their service? did you ship open or enclosed?
i booked everything through http://www.uship.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; i got lucky because there was a local Dallas shipper in California who needed to get home, but didnt have anything that needed to be shipped here. Found him through uShip and had it shipped back for me in an open trailer.

I've had several dealings with car shippers via uShip and they get the job done.

Island_DC5
Tourist

Post by Island_DC5 »

Cool, good to know. Probably go through them then too if need be.

milchmann

Post by milchmann »

If you find a car that you like, call a local mechanic and have the seller bring it to them to be inspected. You can also hire a car broker ... they are not cheap though.

If you end up going to SoCal to drive it back, I would suggest taking I-40 over to US-191 before hitting I-10. 191 is 90+ miles of nothing but twisty's in the mountains.

Island_DC5
Tourist

Post by Island_DC5 »

Yeah, out of state purchasing is looking less and less feasible due to budget. Trying to find this car is panning out to be a pain in the ass lol almost to the point where I want to say screw it. Aint shit for sale in texas, but cant afford the fees to transport something back here.