86 race car build

Your Toyota

Moderators: dr.occa, CBR_TOY

toyota85ae86

Post by toyota85ae86 »

DjSpecter wrote:You going to fabricate something to work with the megan exhaust?
no exhuast. im going to run 3" straight piped out the back, but for getting it driveable and running im going to just run a down pipe .

So i have about 700$ left, and i still have to pay for my harness repair, get a flywheel resurfaced, but the misc. junk i will need ect.

Im sorta going over budget but i did buy a bunch of crap i didnt "NEED" but i had the money so i bought it haha. It will be fine. My plan was to do it for under 2000$ but im past that i think now.
suspicious garage

toyota85ae86

Post by toyota85ae86 »

Its in, but im being told to add a second brace. but its tough as hell right now. i have a smaller piece of bar but i doubt its enough to make a difference.
suspicious garage

DjSpecter

Post by DjSpecter »

Oh shit its in its in!!!!

toyota85ae86

Post by toyota85ae86 »

DjSpecter wrote:Oh shit its in its in!!!!
yeah.

Im slacking. I need to drop the fuel tank and put in my fuel pump, plumb that all in. then finish wiring harness and working on that. need to wire my dash and shit still. i got my parts for the most part so just slacking here. might get something done with weekend lol
suspicious garage

DjSpecter

Post by DjSpecter »

Dude I been following your build since you started it on here and I love everything about it. Keep up the good work

toyota85ae86

Post by toyota85ae86 »

alright i got work done. fuel pump installed, clutch put on, trans put on and motor is back in the car. it fits amazing. wiring is being picked up tomorrow and im making an exhuast. should be crazy. Im exicted to get it together and running and driving. it should be pretty fast.

all that left is hook up the wiring, hook up intercooler, fill coolant system. make headlight buckets fit and do some other things. should be done in the next few days
suspicious garage

dr.occa
Hades - Site Admin

Post by dr.occa »

making good progress zenk. keep up the good work.

toyota85ae86

Post by toyota85ae86 »

I need to make a bracket from the bottom of the headlight to the core support. they are kinda floppy but it works.

BooOST

short and sweet piping

Ok no more pictures :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:
suspicious garage

joel26
VIP Member

Post by joel26 »

Looking good... By when do u think u might finish ?

DjSpecter

Post by DjSpecter »

WOW!!! Is all this stuff hard to do by hand like cutom? You are my inspiration to do a engine swap. YO make it look so SIMPLE!

toyota85ae86

Post by toyota85ae86 »

cold side pipe done. needs hose clamps. i did the clutch slave cylinder, and bled that, feels solid. and did the throttle cable thats great. Needs wiring Tomorrow and make a down pipe as well. everything is coming smooth.

Ok as far as making it look easy.. it is but isnt. Its taken me awhile but its working good.

basicly if you have a grinder, a chop saw, a welder, a tape measure and level, and a good eye, anything can be done.

I mean i borrowed a welder, and bought a ton of stuff. pretty much i had helped a buddy in washington put his ca18 into his ae86. and after seeing his and knowing how he did it, it was easy for me to replicate. the worst part is that im converting a GTS from sr5 back to GTS. i had this car, true GTS stripped and basicly made into a SR5. so now im doing the GTS throttle cable, and GTS wiring again, and repairing shit i broke or cut when i did the carb 4age swap.

This was TONS of fabrication. ive spent hours i stay up normally till this time 1-2am working on the car. I spend my weekend ordering parts and putting things together. i do a bit a day and tomorrow i will get tons of crap done.

SO my adivse is IF you have the time, and have a BUDGET, go for it. BUT over budget. ive spent 2500$ so far, and im close to done. need to buy some fluids and basic shit but other then that i mean i budgeted 2000$ with buying a motor, and i mean 2500$ isnt bad its a bit over budget but i had the leway to spend it.
suspicious garage

DjSpecter

Post by DjSpecter »

I give you mad tyte props for doing all this. We need a vid clip after its all said and done my friend!!!

CBR_TOY

Post by CBR_TOY »

very nice work. it's coming along nicely!
JDM AE86/AE92

ga_goosh
VIP Member

Post by ga_goosh »

looking good that ca18 is fitting nicely. i always thought of the ca as kind of a worthless motor but in the corolla it makes more sence.
I <3 my AE86

4AG Manual
AE86 FSM

toyota85ae86

Post by toyota85ae86 »

thanks guy.

little update. working on an exhuast tonight. harness is coming smooth. my buddy efrian is going to work on it today. He has been very busy and hasnt had the time. he is doing my projects as a side project and hes giving me a crazy deal on fixing the harness and chipping the Ecu.

Im going to get a bunch of stuff done tonight. pictures to follow
suspicious garage