Drifting technique meet up

Anything non-tech related to AE86

Moderators: dr.occa, CBR_TOY

yashiro86

Drifting technique meet up

Post by yashiro86 »

Hey guys so they past few days that it rained I went out and practiced my "technique" (bad one) so anyway I was wondering if any of you guys in Houston wanted to meet up to go practice and exchange stories and stuff...I really need to practice more but really don't know where to go...so anybody down???

dr.occa
Hades - Site Admin

Re: Drifting technique meet up

Post by dr.occa »

See if Rob and his cronies might be willing to let you tag along with their crew of ne'er do-wells, law breakers, unscrupulous cronies, trespassers, public offenders, etc...;)

yashiro86

Post by yashiro86 »

Rob huh? Well I might seek ROB!!!! Rob where are you?!?!? Lol I wanna go at least see you guys drive around!!! Please?!?!
Thanks for the tip Dr. Occa!
dr.occa wrote:See if Rob and his cronies might be willing to let you tag along with their crew of ne'er do-wells, law breakers, unscrupulous cronies, trespassers, public offenders, etc...;)

JDMwhiteboy
VIP Member

Post by JDMwhiteboy »

Practice practice practice! Plus any drift event like ggp or mineral wells ride along!!!! Watching is a great way to see what areas you need to pay attention too. It will also give you a good idea of how the car will feel through a drift. The drift bible is also a great movie to watch for great tips. However, nothing bears seat time when learning to drift. Back when I had my 240 I spend a week one summer at the same parking garage just to get one drift down!
I like cars, food, and puppies.

McKenney
VIP Member

Post by McKenney »

Rob!!!!! Still mad you bailed on hanging out when I was in Houston, but Chris, Jonas(I love this guy), And Mad Brad made it worthwhile. Even kicked it with one of the Moore bros as well. But like Tedd said, nothing is better than seat time. No one can tell you how to drift your car better than your own hands and senses. You have to feel when to keep pushing it or straighten out.

a.k.a.vene

Post by a.k.a.vene »

If you come down on tuesday night, they allways go drifting after meeting up at kendras meet. If Im in town I would take to the spot n stuff.
TILL IT REDLINES HACHI!!!!!!!!
NONSTOPTUNING.COM

TEAMSUNWORKS.COM

yashiro86

Post by yashiro86 »

@JDMwhiteboy - yea I'm trying to practice more often but its hard cuz I don't really have a secure place to go where I feel comfortable but I will def keep my eyes peeled for spots. Ahh the drift Bible I used to have it but I misplaced it lol yea its a good learning tool! And I would love to get some seat time with someone!
@Mckenney- are that'd my problem I can't find a secure open spot to actually try to see if I can keep the drift going :/ plus I don't have an LSD bit I have noticed that clutch kicking works for me but I can only get the rear to slide out a bit. Unlike my 1st 86 with LSD. That's why I need more practice lol
@aka vene- fuse that would be super awesome of you! Where is kendras? I've never heard of it

Thanks for the help guys

a.k.a.vene

Post by a.k.a.vene »

Oh shit! Wait........ Where do you live?.....lol!!!
NONSTOPTUNING.COM

TEAMSUNWORKS.COM

yashiro86

Post by yashiro86 »

Houston near hwy6 and westheimer where do you live aka?

a.k.a.vene

Post by a.k.a.vene »

Oh ok! 1960 n veterans!! Kendras meet is by champion forest n close to 1960. Is on tuesdays so....
NONSTOPTUNING.COM

TEAMSUNWORKS.COM

CBR_TOY

Post by CBR_TOY »

I'd be down to help.. give pointers. I'm Rob btw lol

we could do it just us corolla guys at the local spot.
JDM AE86/AE92

a.k.a.vene

Post by a.k.a.vene »

Whatever he said^^^!!! I was gonna suggest the same thing but I pressed send by mistake!
NONSTOPTUNING.COM

TEAMSUNWORKS.COM

CBR_TOY

Post by CBR_TOY »

I need to work on my corolla before it slides again.. but I could get out there and give pointers.

maybe on another night when there isn't 60 people out there

we need to hang out Vene! and play Forza again
JDM AE86/AE92

a.k.a.vene

Post by a.k.a.vene »

I know man !!!! I'm out of town tho,n car started leaking coolant , but I'm gonna try to fix it this weekend n I got my body kit for the levin last weekend too but haven't been able to work on the car cause of work!!
NONSTOPTUNING.COM

TEAMSUNWORKS.COM

yashiro86

Post by yashiro86 »

Nice to meet you Rob...yea id be down to meet up depending if I work or not and I would love any help lol also if you need a hand fixing your 86 I'm more than willing to help as it would be a learning experience lol